Did You Live In Shiregreen?

zoboz111

I started teaching at Shiregreen Middle School in the late seventies.. Kids include Andy Matthews, Gary Fothergill, Rowding Family, Flint Family, Walches etc Teachers were Pete Inman, Bernard Priest, Gwen Marsden, Mike Mahoney, Jim Friar, Dave Hutton etc.

I attended shiregreen school around 77/81,my form teacher in 77 was a mrs kemp i was in the infants then,i remember mr priest as he was my form teacher when i went up to the juniors,our classroom was the old huts below the main building & man he was strict,then my next form teacher was mrs marsden (didn't she play the piano during assembly?)i heard she passed away sadly,mr mahoney was a teacher i remember fondly,mr inman wasn't he the deputy head?mr hutton rings a bell as does mr hut.

• 3 weeks later...
It was very sad to read what a sorry state Shiregreen is in now. I have the happiest of memories of my time there. Our family moved to Deep Lane from Wincobank just after the war and we finally moved when my brother died in 2004, that's 57 years. To me as a youngster it had everything I needed: plenty of open spaces to play on, thick woods to explore, the lively church of St James & St Christopher where all my friends sang in the choir,we formed a youth club and generally had a most exciting and fulfilling time. We were in and out of most of our neighbours houses and everyone helped one another. Our next door neighbour won best kept garden in Sheffield for several years running so we had something to look up to. I now live in Loughborough and have recently retired and would love to hear from others from that golden era.

used to deliver milk down there in the 50 with my old mate charlie before ernie took over

right on the button i was the driver arthur charlie lived opposit bellhouse club
I used to be the best mate of his only Son also called Charlie..I remember him (Charlie Senior) as a very hard working chap ..and he had no hair (not even eyebrows) ..and he used to keep hens in his back garden..and he was one of the first people in Shiregreen to have a TV...also remember his wife, She was a very nice kind woman who I liked a lot.

I used to be the best mate of his only Son also called Charlie..I remember him (Charlie Senior) as a very hard working chap ..and he had no hair (not even eyebrows) ..and he used to keep hens in his back garden..and he was one of the first people in Shiregreen to have a TV...also remember his wife, She was a very nice kind woman who I liked a lot.

heres one of charlie

2007-10-2321-53-55_0024.jpg

heres one of charlieand one of me

2007-10-2321-53-55_0024.jpg2007-10-2321-55-13_0025.jpg

heres one of charlieand one of me

2007-10-2321-53-55_0024.jpg2007-10-2321-55-13_0025.jpg

Fantastic ..Thanks for the Pic's ...That's the man I remember...

"His Son Charlie jnr" married the "The Caretaker's Daughter from Shiregreen Cemetery" and then They went to "Birmingham" to work on the assembly lines in the Motor Trade...And then I lost contact with him.

Fantastic ..Thanks for the Pic's ...That's the man I remember...

"His Son Charlie jnr" married the "The Caretaker's Daughter from Shiregreen Cemetery" and then They went to "Birmingham" to work on the assembly lines in the Motor Trade...And then I lost contact with him.

heres one of younge charlie

2007-10-2407-08-34_0027.jpg