Did You Live In Shiregreen?

zoboz111

Hello, does anyone know Mick Oxley who lived on Hartley brook road? The reason I’m trying to find his is because he’s an old friend of my husband Bert who is now 81 now, he’s been talking about him a lot lately and the number we had for him no longer works. :help::confused:

Thank you very much

---------- Post added 29-09-2018 at 22:54 ----------

I will ask him the next time I see him although I don't know when that will be.

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Timbuck where abouts on Shiregreen did you live? I was born in January 1941 on Kepple Road.

hi steelerblade I was born in january 1938 on woolley wood road

---------- Post added 10-10-2018 at 20:18 ----------

hi aroddbo i lived on woolley wood road and i remember the turton family i lived a few houses down the road from them

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,just found this site while internet browsing,

My Grandparents lived at 192 Foxglove Rd,they were Jim & Winifred Mabbott,they had 3 children,Audrey,William(Bill,my Dad)and Keith,

Does anyone remember them,i can remember playing in the road and walking to the shops down Bellhouse road as a child in the 70;s

I,ve told my Dad about this site so hopefully someone may remember them,

Thanks all.

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2013 at 9:37 PM, XC60 said:

Does anyone remember a family called Shimwell I think it was Eric & Pam from about the mid 70s.

my brother was called Eric he married Freda Shimwell from Norfolk bridge Sheffield and there is a Shimwell Eric and pam at shiregreen but he died long time ago

Edited by irishill

• 6 months later...
On 10/03/2013 at 08:53, raker said:

I lived on Wooley Wood Rd from about 1938 until 1952 except for a couple of years

or so in the navy. Emigrated to Canada early '57. So far, Iv'e recognized a few of my

old school teachers names, but that's about it. Perhaps I'm a bit older than most of you

Shiregreeners. I do, however, enjoy reading the threads and I'm very glad I recently dis-

covered this website. So....Keep them coming and thanks to everybody.

hi raker just got back to this site i was born on woolley wood rd lived at 121 had three brothers fred george and mick

• 1 month later...

When I lived on Hatfield House Rd in the early 40's just opposite the cricket ground lived a chimney sweep called Webb, had a daughter Rita? He was ex Royal Navy, a really odd sort of man (in a good way). We kept rabbits & hens during the war , my Dad was too squemish to do any slaughtering, he got Mr Webb to do it.