Government Gateway..What a joke!!

Yes, I have; and I agree with maxmaximus (post #4)!

I use it for several things; as disparate as my VAT Returns and my blood-donor appointments.

As far as I can see, and apart from a slightly complex log-in procedure, it seems to work fine.

Maybe the job search has been merged into the gov gateway site? All I know is that the old Jobcentre site was much better and far easier to use.

Why try to fix something that isn't broken?

Maybe the job search has been merged into the gov gateway site? All I know is that the old Jobcentre site was much better and far easier to use.

Why try to fix something that isn't broken?

Are you talking about this site: https://www.gov.uk/jobs-jobsearch

In which case that's not really the Government Gateway, and is most definitely the product of the current Government.

I agree. But I wanted to flag-up the 'proper' website, as that's what OP believed a 'joke'.

Which is why I was asking if he actually meant the Jobs match website as opposed to the Government Gateway... considering he was discussing job searching and such... also the Jobs match website has been widely criticised as not being fit for purpose, which would also potentially fit into the category of 'joke'....

We need new government. Someone in charge that genuinely cares about Britain and the British people. Someone who is prepared to put our interests first and not those of big business. We need to start manufacturing things again, and stop importing cheap foreign goods. The so called free market is anything but free... or fair for that matter and it only benefits a small percentage of our nation. This is just a back door excuse to flood the country with cheap labour; all in the name of unity, free enterprise and competition in the global market that is fuelled by nothing but greed. Ninety per cent of mainstream politicians don't care about you or I, they're so out of touch with reality that it's frightening

Archived