Do you set off the security alarms when you leave a shop?

For about three weeks now I've noticed that when I leave a shop I set off the security alarm (I've never been challenged by staff though) :huh:

After systematically emptying my pockets of stuff and practising leaving shops we pinned it down to my new Decathlon winter jacket - hidden under the removable fleece there's a lable stitched into the hem of the coat containing a security device.

So, if you set off security alarms and you're uncool enough to wear Decathlon clothing then check for hidden lables.

There, that's my good deed for the day done :D

This happend to me on saturday at savers in town. The alarm went off as i walked through, didnt get challaged but i walked back in and the cashire said there shouldnt be anything in my bag to make it go off. I put the bag down and walked out, the alarm didnt go off then put the bag through and it didnt go off again so dont know what it was. I was a bit red faced with around 7 people in the queue all watching and a big queue at the cash machine outside.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 14:09 ----------

At W h Smiths on Fargate the alarm seems to trigger about every minute. No one takes any notice,but what the heck is wrong with it ?

Ive noticed that. HMV used to be bad for it to.

No, not even when the Mrs knocked some knickers off the carousel and they hooked themselves to the outside of her handbag by coat hanger. She'd been walking around Crstal Peaks for 45 minutes before she noticed.

I walked out of Matalan the other week after buying a load of baby clothes, and the alarm went off. I stopped, and the staff just waved at me and turned the alarm off. Now, I know I had bought some things, but could very easily also have a pram/coat/handbag full of extras too, but they obviously don't think/care about that!

Got home and they had left the security tag attached to one of the baby coats. Couldn't be bothered going back, and it wasn't an ink filled one or anything so I just smashed it off with a hammer.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I once set off the alarm in Wilkinsons buying net curtain wire.Then once more when I bought curtains from Tj Hughes.I walked down to Wilkinsons and the alarm triggered on the way in.I thought no more about it until I left and the alarm went again.I was challenged but it was the curtains from TJs! Oddly,the alarm had not gone off at Tjs:huh:

For about three weeks now I've noticed that when I leave a shop I set off the security alarm (I've never been challenged by staff though) :huh:

After systematically emptying my pockets of stuff and practising leaving shops we pinned it down to my new Decathlon winter jacket - hidden under the removable fleece there's a lable stitched into the hem of the coat containing a security device.

So, if you set off security alarms and you're uncool enough to wear Decathlon clothing then check for hidden lables.

There, that's my good deed for the day done :D

Do you have a pacemaker fitted? as this will set alarms off, mind they give you a card to explain to shops :):)

Archived