Do you set off the security alarms when you leave a shop?

When I worked in Meadowhall I used to park outside House of Fraser. The alarm went off EVERY time I walked through the doors to the car park, regardless of what I was wearing/ carrying.

Started to dread it so ended up parking somewhere else :(

I set off alarms at three stores and an employee at one of the stores seemed to think that there was a chip in one of my shoes that had been installed to prevent theft but had never been deactived at the time I had bought them.

At end of that day I went home with a chip on my shoulder

Do you have a pacemaker fitted? as this will set alarms off, mind they give you a card to explain to shops :):)

I thought in my case it could be something on my wheelchair, as the alarms would trigger when I went through the barriers, even before I had my pacemaker fitted.

No, I'm not yet in the general Pacemaker age range.

I did fully explain in my post why I'd been setting the alarms off though :huh:

Draggletail, *I* didn't think I was in the age bracket for a pacemaker when I needed one at 46! :o *smiles wryly*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draggletail

Do you set off the security alarms when you leave a shop?

Only when im shoplifting.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 21:31 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

I walked out of Matalan the other week

People actually shop there. ?

Not usually no just the one occassion when father in law insisted.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I used to work for Asda Living and I was helping a customer out with a large item and the alarms went off. Security stopped them and checked their bags etc. Found nothing, they were a bit embarrassed.

It wasn't till I walked back in and the alarms went off again that I remembered that I'd been fitting tags earlier in my shift and still had an active tag in my pocket :hihi:

Archived