Ecclesfield, The Wheel 1950's

vicarry

Sorry not the fifties but i used to go to the wheel youth club in the early 60's

If i remember rightly Mrs Rollett ran the club and two sisters called Bee used to dance there,I remember Mrs Rollet talking me and a couple of mates to enter a "friendly" athletics day at the Dorothy Hyman stadium near wombwell

Barnsley when we finally arrived we saw it was a full blown national event to which we made our excuses and sneaked out and walked all the way back to ecco, the next club night we met the wrath of Rollet.

You've got to laugh :hihi:

Sorry not the fifties but i used to go to the wheel youth club in the early 60's

If i remember rightly Mrs Rollett ran the club and two sisters called Bee used to dance there,I remember Mrs Rollet talking me and a couple of mates to enter a "friendly" athletics day at the Dorothy Hyman stadium near wombwell

Barnsley when we finally arrived we saw it was a full blown national event to which we made our excuses and sneaked out and walked all the way back to ecco, the next club night we met the wrath of Rollet.

You've got to laugh :hihi:

I don't think Mrs Rollet ran a youth club up the Wheel; she used to run one adjacent to the Methodist Chapel and the road leading to the Modern School on High St, Ecclesfield..........I think it was in a building called the Guild.

Archived