Sign petition against the rise in womens car insurance

Women as a group might carry less risk than men, but so might some other arbitrary groupings that nobody has bothered to research. Left handed people might be safer than right handed people, able bodied people might be safer than the disabled, some racial profiles might be safer than others, educational profile might correlate with risk, or wealth or height.

There are a number of group profiles that if insurance companies tried to introduce now we would all agree was unreasonable. If you think that Honky's Wheels would be offensive, even if there was a genuine correlation, then that's just how I felt about Shelia's Wheels.

Insurance is about spreading risk, and motor insurance is compulsory so it becomes a social contract that we all share in. The only thing that should matter is individual risk, as determined by claims history, endorsements, mileage, where you keep the car and the type and value of car you choose to drive. What demographic grouping you belong to is irrelevant to your actual individual risk.

I hope it becomes illegal for insurance companies to discriminate based on age and profession as well.

Do you no think its the governments fault got being slack on immigration etc than the people who take advantage of it?

Yes I do and so does the party responsible.

Ed Miliband has admitted the last Labour government did not do enough for ordinary people, becoming distant on issues such as immigration.

High levels of migration were having huge effects on the lives of people in Britain - and too often those in power seemed not to accept this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20996278

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 18:39 ----------

Maybe no one should voice their opinions then,

Because when they do, someone with call them a racist.

Maybe you should take you racist views elsewhere.

But it is fact and statistics that women are safer drivers and have lower insurance claims so don't feel that it's relevant for it to be categorised as equality and discrimination.

Isn't that like saying all males are worser drivers than females and that each male has the same amount of accidents?

This is what ukip is really about= http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ugly-face-of-ukip-sunday-mirror-1531879

Ukip is an educated version of the BNP, some give themselves away when they spell muslim as moslem which is the same way it is written on placards/banners used by right wingers on demo's etc.

Ukip is a bunch of closet racists/bigots and misguided people imo.

You know, I've always wondered why people type "moslem". I thought it was trying to appear educated at some "proper" spelling of the word.

You know, I've always wondered why people type "moslem". I thought it was trying to appear educated at some "proper" spelling of the word.

I have heard that said before but the reality is that the word moslem is used as a perjoritive term.

Post 4 in this link explains it better= http://community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/34789/13453679/Moslem_vs._Muslim_-_is_the_latter_less_offensive_than_the_former

Moslem is an old-fashioned variant of Muslim

Arabic vowels aren't quite the same as English vowels. When you transcribe an Arabic word into English, you do the best you can, but two people will transcribe it differently. Sometimes, more than one will catch on.

"Muslim" is considerably closer to the way it's pronounced in Arabic, so it's generally preferred these days, and "Moslem" is gradually becoming obsolete.

http://www.masjiddearborn.org/

American Moslem Society

The American Moslem Society is a non profit, independent organization which was established in the year of 1938 to be the first Islamic organization that has existed since then. Some of the Goals of the American Moslem Society is to achieve the following:

-To advocate for the revival of the Islamic values that are founded on justice, tolerance, and the repudiation of all forms of violence and extremism

To educate the other community(s) about the justice and tolerance of the Islamic Religion

-To care for and protect the Moslem youth from the dangers of violence, crime, and drugs

-To provide public awareness programs and elevate the community’s knowledge level.

-To assist the community with their concerns and to cooperate with other official organizations for the purpose of preserving their rights within the frame of the American law and the AMS bylaws

-To promote the respect of the law of this country and to cooperate with all entities, government and private, in any way that would serve the community and the society as a whole

-To cooperate with organizations that address humanitarian needs in accordance with the laws of this country.

The only logical and fair way to approach the insuring of any driver is not by discriminating on grounds of age, gender, profession, etc., but by charging a fortune in the first year of driving, then reducing it significantly for each accident-free year of driving experience.

If this means that young drivers end up paying a lot, so be it. There are too many cars on the roads anyway. If I were Prime Minister, nobody would be allowed to drive until they were at least 25 unless in a public service occupation. At a stroke that would reduce congestion and accidents. Win, win!

Archived