Red Lion Grenoside

diver55

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on at the top red ?

They have tweeted this today so it would appear the replies you received in this thread is just speculation, which can be very damaging.

The Old Red Lion ‏@OldRedGreno

After a few days disruption to usual service, we are finally back up & running!Serving food 12-9pm #LiveShopLocal #Southyorksbiz #Sheffield

They have tweeted this today so it would appear the replies you received in this thread is just speculation, which can be very damaging.

The Old Red Lion ‏@OldRedGreno

After a few days disruption to usual service, we are finally back up & running!Serving food 12-9pm #LiveShopLocal #Southyorksbiz #Sheffield

Thank God for that, All cleared up because when they Tweet " few days of disruption":huh: all the posts MUST be speculation :hihi: .

They have killed every pub they had.... Explain how???????

Thank God for that, All cleared up because when they Tweet " few days of disruption":huh: all the posts MUST be speculation :hihi: .

They have killed every pub they had.... Explain how???????

I don't like to knock a person or a business that I have not had 1st hand experience off. Nor do I take delight in a business failing for whatever reason.

The op asked what was happening with it, I saw the tweet and posted it so he knew.

That okay with you? :rolleyes:

PS Having looked at the ops previous postings it would appear he has an avid interest in the Old Red Lion! Had I realised that I would not have been drawn into posting on this thread. :suspect:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Just to clear up once and for all the goings on at the top red.

I am the manager there and we are very much still open.

We had a problem during a Gas safety inspection which because the regulations were changed last year, meant that we were now out of spec, whereas every other year we have been ok. The delay in getting it sorted was mainly due to the ranglings between the leaseholders and the brewery as to who is responsible for paying for the work.

We got the kitchen gas sorted and are still 'in negotiations' over the central heating. We have alternative heating until it gets sorted.

Really that's all I wanted to say, other than to mention that a previous contributor to this link is believed to have been employed at the Royal Oak when that closed, hence the negativity.

I haven't posted here to argue or defend anyone but I do have to say the comment that the leaseholders pocketed any profits etc. is completely false.

My feeling is that it is extremely difficult to make ends meet when you are tied in to a big brewery and totally dependent to them.

Just a personal view, but much closer to the truth.

Archived