Recruitment Agencys

Do the jobs advertised by recruitment agencies actually exist. My brother is a qualified joiner but work has been scarce. He applied to several agencies for specific jobs advertised, but only gets emails back saying register with them, never anything about the job he applied for even though it said just send his CV in to apply for the job.

Simple answer is no.

They use adverts to harvest CV's they then later use to match you to a position they are touting for. Usually months or even years after you have got yourself a new job.

Agencies are nothing more than sales people who have very dubious morals. I had one once call about a position I was interested in. He asked if I had any other interviews lined up, which I did. He then asked for what position and with which company. I told him that was none of his business and the other agency had also asked I keep the information private. He then told me if I didn't tell him he wouldn't put me up for his position. At this point I told him to stick his position up his backside and to remove me from their database as I wouldn't want anything to do with just a ahole company. He wasn't amuse.

For once I agree with WeX. On top of that our office employs agency workers and they just mess everything up generally doing things wrong and then they run off into the distance leaving us to clear up the mess they made.

been phoning round the last couple of weeks for a start and it appears that a number of agencies make up vacancies. Three last week confirmed a guaranteed next day start and would send contact details.vua text, however this didnt happen and upon calling was told the job had been put back. Just seems to happen too often especially with out of town agencies. Anybody experienced any similar problems?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I run a HGV driving agency and I have work but I have trouble getting reliable drivers, I always tell them directly what is on offer work wise a lot off them think that agenceys can offer them full time time jobs that does not very often happen as most company's come to agenceys to cover staff off on holidays and off sick and only require short term staff,staff come and go so you have to get as many on your books as you can,many times I have registered someone on my books got them work and rang them up only to be told they have got a job somewhere else or they don't want to work there.

alphagroup-driver-agencey .co.uk

Archived