Automated phone contact from hospital.

The phone has just rang, I picked it up and it was an automated call from the Northern General hospital reminding me of an appointment I have next week. It asked me if I would be attending the appointment, I figured I had to say "yes" out loud, so I did, which felt a bit weird; it then thanked me and then ended.

Is this horrible impersonal service the norm? I hope not because I dont want to live in that kind of a society.

My wife works at RHH, it's only a reminder 7 days before your appointment, it doesn't voice recognise and only responds to the words yes and no. It has saved missed appointments, it is only a reminder and can't cancel appointments, you can request for NTR put before your number to stop the calls

Its not all that good (as pointed out in previous threads) if its an appointment you don't want your Partner/children/mum/dad or anyone else who may live in your house and answer your phone to know about

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You can ring the hospital and ask for NTR before your number on the system to opt out

Archived