Growing up poor. Life on £8 a day.

I saw the documentary on TV yesterday,they were nice thoughtful girls though somewhat misguided, who through no fault of their own were in difficult situations.

The viewers was given enough insight into their family backgrounds to understand why.

I saw the documentary on TV yesterday,they were nice thoughtful girls though somewhat misguided, who through no fault of their own were in difficult situations.

The viewers was given enough insight into their family backgrounds to understand why.

I would never consider the girls as thoughtful,especially the first one from Ferham.The last girl from Glasgow was terrific,and the mother in Bradford seemed content to let her daughter repeat her errors.They were not too bright and really seemed unprepared for the future years,and were likely to launch their own kids into a similar lifestyle.

Only the smokers that can't afford to smoke and complain about being poor, for the ones that can afford to smoke, as long as I don’t have to breath it in, you can smoke as much as you like. :)

Max, once again fella I don't smoke, I was stating a fact:)

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 16:19 ----------

Nonsense. Old people have never had it so good.

OAPS get can get pension credit + full housing benefit FOR any sized property! + full ctb + free bus pass + winter fuel + Xmas bonus + cold weather payments.

Yes they can claim PC, but perhaps if they made pension a decent rate we would not need to have it. I once read we had the lowest pensions in Europe

I would never consider the girls as thoughtful,especially the first one from Ferham.The last girl from Glasgow was terrific,and the mother in Bradford seemed content to let her daughter repeat her errors.They were not too bright and really seemed unprepared for the future years,and were likely to launch their own kids into a similar lifestyle.

At least they had reached a stage in their lives where in spite of their immaturity and vulnerability they had started to analyse and examine their own mistakes,and with the right kind of support its never too late to turn their lives around and improve their circumstances.

Its sad that the one who got pregnant is placing her child into the same disadvantage by being in a similar situation as her own,as the child will have to grow up without its own fathers support,but no one need be a lost cause,hopefully with enough love and support from herself and her family her child will be the one to break the repeated family cycle of mistakes in the future. It seemed apparent enough it was going to receive plenty of love when it showed the scene of the birth. Its never going to be easy for them but the mother and daughter relationship did seem to be improving as we saw in that tearful scene they showed with them together.

Yes that Scottish girl was terrific!

At least they had reached a stage in their lives where in spite of their immaturity and vulnerability they had started to analyse and examine their own mistakes,and with the right kind of support its never too late to turn their lives around and improve their circumstances.

Its sad that the one who got pregnant is placing her child into the same disadvantage by being in a similar situation as her own,as the child will have to grow up without its own fathers support,but no one need be a lost cause,hopefully with enough love and support from herself and her family her child will be the one to break the repeated family cycle of mistakes in the future. It seemed apparent enough it was going to receive plenty of love when it showed the scene of the birth. Its never going to be easy for them but the mother and daughter relationship did seem to be improving as we saw in that tearful scene they showed with them together.

Yes that Scottish girl was terrific!

The problem is that both girls in Yorkshire had given up training courses,and in doing so closed off an escape route.Neither girls would be considered a catch for a decent young man and so both will be left unsupported,and in a compromised position both emotionally and economically.

The problem is that both girls in Yorkshire had given up training courses,and in doing so closed off an escape route.Neither girls would be considered a catch for a decent young man and so both will be left unsupported,and in a compromised position both emotionally and economically.

Yes but something could happen to open up another route,they have to have some optimism otherwise they will lose what little self-esteem they have,and gaining some confidence in themselves is the only way to help them emotionally,then perhaps economically their lives will improve and they will meet someone later worthy of sharing a life with, it has been known to happen to some women who have experienced the same circumstances.

Yes but something could happen to open up another route,they have to have some optimism otherwise they will lose what little self-esteem they have,and gaining some confidence in themselves is the only way to help them emotionally,then perhaps economically their lives will improve and they will meet someone later worthy of sharing a life with, it has been known to happen to some women who have experienced the same circumstances.

I think you are being highly optimistic but in the current climate we have negligible social mobility.Both girls spurned chances to improve through training,and remain vulnerable and dependent.I think they lack the personal qualities demonstrated by the Glaswegian,and will fester in their present environment,held back by a criminal record and an unwanted child.

That's it, they might be (marginally) better off financially for a short while, but they've very much limited their options moving forward. For people out there who have bucked the trend and made something of their lives after being a teen mum, good on you, but it can't have been easy.

I think you are being highly optimistic but in the current climate we have negligible social mobility.Both girls spurned chances to improve through training,and remain vulnerable and dependent.I think they lack the personal qualities demonstrated by the Glaswegian,and will fester in their present environment,held back by a criminal record and an unwanted child.

The child wasn't unwanted?

Not having an abortion is an attractive quality in my book.

And poor old Bridie just needs some purpose/direction in life.

All 3 of them were attractive and shouldn't have too much problem finding a bloke.

The child wasn't unwanted?

Not having an abortion is an attractive quality in my book.

And poor old Bridie just needs some purpose/direction in life.

All 3 of them were attractive and shouldn't have too much problem finding a bloke.

The child was an accident and therefore unwanted,but loved all the same.Bridie did lack direction but was unstable,aggressive and in trouble with the courts.She gave up training ,refusing the escape offered.All three were moderately attractive but can you imagine the type of person who they might attract?As two have kids they have considerable baggage,and Bridie is not for the faint-hearted.Would you be willing to offer one your personal support?

Archived