Growing up poor. Life on £8 a day.

Not casting aspersions but a lot of people on this forum as a whole, seem to know the price of weed or pot or what ever they call it. Strange thing though, once again the thread starts off about kids living on £8.00 per day, and then goes to castigating smokers.

Only the smokers that can't afford to smoke and complain about being poor, for the ones that can afford to smoke, as long as I don’t have to breath it in, you can smoke as much as you like. :)

We are not told what the £8 is to cover-in many cases OAPs have around this figure assuming they have to pay rent and council tacks from their pension.I would imagine OAPs have a harder time of things.

Nonsense. Old people have never had it so good.

OAPS get can get pension credit + full housing benefit FOR any sized property! + full ctb + free bus pass + winter fuel + Xmas bonus + cold weather payments.

That is £20 a day + full housing benefit FOR any sized property! + full ctb + free bus pass + winter fuel + Xmas bonus + cold weather payments.

A young person will get £8 a day + limited housing benefit and limited council tax benefit. No free bus pass, no winter fuel, no xmas bonus, no cold weather payments.

And some of them have to work 30 hours a week, every week for that.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 20:09 ----------

Unless they spend the £8 on resin, that's about a kilos worth nowadays :hihi:

If you can get a kg for £8, I'll buy a tonne tomorrow for £8000.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 20:10 ----------

Not casting aspersions but a lot of people on this forum as a whole, seem to know the price of weed or pot or what ever they call it.

Not sure they do :hihi:

Two of the girls (aged 17) out of the three end up pregnant.

A sad reflection of todays society. Perhaps if we stopped dishing out flats and benefits then girls would take more responsibility and we wouldn't have as many poor kids born into a life of poverty, etc

Funnily enough i attended school with roughly 300 students in my year alone, only 1 happened to get pregnant at 17 that was ME! I continued in my education and now have a respectable job working with medicines. I do not and have never claimed benefits eg unemployment, housing etc however i do get child benefit that goes straight into my childs trust fund and i do not spend a penny of it. I also do not receive tax credits as we earn too much so nobody bar me pays for my child. I did not get offered a flat or council house, i private rented paid fully by my wages not benefits and now im a home owner.

Seems 'todays society' does not need tarring with the same brush!

Funnily enough i attended school with roughly 300 students in my year alone, only 1 happened to get pregnant at 17 that was ME! I continued in my education and now have a respectable job working with medicines. I do not and have never claimed benefits eg unemployment, housing etc however i do get child benefit that goes straight into my childs trust fund and i do not spend a penny of it. I did not get offered a flat or council house, i private rented paid fully by my wages not benefits and now im a home owner.

Seems 'todays society' does not need tarring with the same brush!

Lend us a tenner for some fags. :hihi:

There was a programme on BBC1 last year about growing up in poverty & it's impact on children's well being & development. It was very sad, and unfortunately it's widespread. No doubt some of the misanthropes on here would find plenty there to gloat & troll over :roll:

Archived