Growing up poor. Life on £8 a day.

To be honest if you exam the statistics there IS a significant factor in the sexual exploitation of women............about 99.9% of it is by MEN, of various classes, colours, ages and religions and political beliefs.....and incidently the exploitation of vulnerable young men involves the same group

word twisting!

i did not say ALL unemployed people where wasters.

You implied. Never mind if you weren't trying to imply that, my mistake.

you implied that weathly people where preying in these girls

i asked why so many got preggers to unemployed wasters.

I didn't, I said people with a bit of money. In this scenario, a person on the adult rate dole of £71 a week is a person with a 'bit of money'. Practically everyone has more money than them. They are the poorest group in society and this makes them vulnerable.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 22:04 ----------

To be honest if you exam the statistics there IS a significant factor in the sexual exploitation of women............about 99.9% of it is by MEN, of various classes, colours, ages and religions and political beliefs.....and incidently the exploitation of vulnerable young men involves the same group

Aye, and they disproportionately exploit poor men and women.

word twisting!

i did not say ALL unemployed people where wasters.

You implied. Never mind if you weren't trying to imply that, my mistake.

I didn't, I said people with a bit of money. In this scenario, a person on the adult rate dole of £71 a week is a person with a 'bit of money'. Practically everyone has more money than them. They are the poorest group in society and this makes them vulnerable.

In fairness chem, you didn't imply that - anyone on £71 won't be splashing money on fags and leccy for a leg over. Anyone who will be forking out for it will be gainfully employed. Or drug dealing. I knew a few teen mums when I was a lad, none of them were knocked up by an older bloke, although my mate does know one.

word twisting!

i

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 22:04 ----------

Aye, and they disproportionately exploit poor men and women.

Whilst I appreciate that some people are 'targets' it is more often age, mental health, learning disability, which may contribute to poverty rather than poverty per say that leads the majority to this situation.

One very unpleasant exploitation case I'm aware of involved the vulnerable people committing some really vile abuse on middle class teens.

And vulnerable on vulnerable abuse is pretty common.

Stop kidding yourself about the noble poor-they exist in large numbers but it is not universal

£3.79 in 1985 is equivalent to £9.42 as of 2011 (even more in 2012).

£3.79 in 1988 is equivalent to £8.33 as of 2011 (even more in 2012)

The £8 a day the under 25s today are on is £8.03.

so your splitting hairs over 30p out of over £8.00 and still can` admit your post was misleading, in real life teenagers today can buy more for their money than I could back then.

---------- Post added 14-01-2013 at 22:23 ----------

In, what is the government doing to replace the industry it has forced overseas via high housing costs, .

which industry has been forced over seas by high housing costs?

price of a pint of cider in 1985 in a pub 92p

allow for inflation thats £2.33

my local charges £3.20 so a pint of cider was way cheaper back in 1985

what factor did you apply for inflation? and again, I can no doubt find a pint of cider for less than £2.33 so not really relevant what it cost in your local - is it?

edit to your edit - I never said we were rich, my parents used to take some from that and I seem to remember I had to pay poll tax in later years from my YTS wage.

Archived