HMV to announce administration tomorrow

When you can download music and films for free on the internet , why would people buy it from places like HMV.? The Internet is a world of free music and free movies, That just the way it is.

its not even about free, as has been said above hmv have been the most expensive shop to buy games, dvds and cds from for a few years now.

its a shame if they do leave the high street but tbh i cant remember the last time i bought anything from hmv.

last time i looked in hmv in boro it was confusing and i got fed up of looking. theres been a lot of cheaper competition the past few years and not just with play and amazon. theres supermarkets and independent cd/dvd/game sellers/shops

I much prefer CDs and DVDs to downloads. It'll be a sad loss to the High Street if HMV goes. Oh well, another space for a bank, bland coffee shop or a pound shop to move into :(

Cash Convertors will be on the phone as we speak. What a cosmopolitan shopping experience Sheffield City Centre has become. Poundland, Greggs, Cash Convertors and Primarni. :hihi::hihi:

Cash Convertors will be on the phone as we speak. What a cosmopolitan shopping experience Sheffield City Centre has become. Poundland, Greggs, Cash Convertors and Primarni. :hihi::hihi:

It's a sad reflection of the financial situation the overwhelming majority of Sheffielders now find themselves in. These are the only shops they can afford to spend in. If the ConDems continue stealing from the poor to give to the rich, then, soon there will not even be Greggs, Poundland and Primarni, they will be replaced with foodbanks, clothing banks and workhouses.

Another historic British business bites the dust. Very sad for the thousands who will lose their jobs.

SPEND YOUR VOUCHERS WHILE YOU CAN, THE CUSTOMER COMES LAST.

It's a sad reflection of the financial situation the overwhelming majority of Sheffielders now find themselves in. These are the only shops they can afford to spend in.

Another historic British business bites the dust. Very sad for the thousands who will lose their jobs.

Meanwhile on Planet Zogg a sportsman signs a $250m contract to join the increasing membership of the super rich, no doubt funded in part by those same people you mention who must have their branded trainers and Sky television.

:huh:

I recently forgot to order a Christmas gift on behalf of my missus from Amazon (a fitness DVD) for £12, no problem I said I'm in Sheffield today I'll get it from HMV....................£23, despite Amazons non payment of UK taxes thats still extortion. As others have said they've been overpricing for years and years, let them close!

Meanwhile on Planet Zogg a sportsman signs a $250m contract to join the increasing membership of the super rich, no doubt funded in part by those same people you mention who must have their branded trainers and Sky television.

:huh:

And will have a lot more in his off shore bank account, thanks to the reduced tax rate the ConDems implemented. Of course, that will do absolutely nothing for our economy, but they will keep the 'spin' up.

Archived