HMV to announce administration tomorrow

I recently forgot to order a Christmas gift on behalf of my missus from Amazon (a fitness DVD) for £12, no problem I said I'm in Sheffield today I'll get it from HMV....................£23, despite Amazons non payment of UK taxes thats still extortion. As others have said they've been overpricing for years and years, let them close!

It's amazing that a few disparate posters on a provincial city community forum could see all this but the bosses at hmv couldn't !!

It's amazing that a few disparate posters on a provincial city community forum could see all this but the bosses at hmv couldn't !!

I don't think it's quite that simple.

Play.com closed down their direct retail business just a few days ago, and I fully expect Amazon prices to go up to "provincial city community" upsetting levels now.

Amazon haven't been paying taxes because they haven't been making money, but now the first part of their strategy looks to be working it's payback time.

I don't think it's quite that simple.

Play.com closed down their direct retail business just a few days ago, and I fully expect Amazon prices to go up to "provincial city community" upsetting levels now.

Amazon haven't been paying taxes because they haven't been making money, but now the first part of their strategy looks to be working it's payback time.

Amazon still won't be the only show in town though.

Meanwhile on Planet Zogg a sportsman signs a $250m contract to join the increasing membership of the super rich, no doubt funded in part by those same people you mention who must have their branded trainers and Sky television.

:huh:

Good for him .............. Nice work if you can get it.

Good for him .............. Nice work if you can get it.

Good for him indeed.

But my point was not about him, but the people who are convinced to buy expensive branded products that make others rich whilst simultaneously undermining their own wealth. Sort of economic Stockholm Syndrome.

Archived