HMV to announce administration tomorrow

What sickens me is they will no longer accept gift vouchers! They knew they where in trouble and that over Christmas the volume of gift voucher sales would increase dramatically, but they took peoples money and now they will not get it back.

HMV deserves to go bankrupt and its management should be arrested for fraud!

---------- Post added 15-01-2013 at 08:33 ----------

When you can download music and films for free on the internet , why would people buy it from places like HMV.? The Internet is a world of free music and free movies, That just the way it is.

that's like saying Tescos is a world of free microwave meals if you steal them :loopy:

What sickens me is they will no longer accept gift vouchers! They knew they where in trouble and that over Christmas the volume of gift voucher sales would increase dramatically, but they took peoples money and now they will not get it back.

The bit in bold is the very definition of fraudulent trading.

My daughter had a gift voucher bought for her at Christmas and she is a bit upset at the moment.

I never buy gift vouchers, always cash.

I learned that lesson quickly when I saw all the poor sods queueing up at Zavi a while back, trying to get their Christmas vouchers exchanged without a cat in hells chance. The treasury will be pleased, just after Christmas and no one will be able to exchange vouchers again - it almost makes the timing very relevant doesn't it? In these times, CASH IS KING.

The bit in bold is the very definition of fraudulent trading.

My daughter had a gift voucher bought for her at Christmas and she is a bit upset at the moment.

I never buy gift vouchers, always cash.

If that was me, I would walk in with my voucher, pick up something for the price, walk up to the till and hand it over and walk out.

if its a major issue, maybe someone should arrange a facebook campaign to get as many people at once to do the same all at the same time across the country.

The thing is, the overheads are too high for high street and shopping centre shops. I want to buy the Miranda Series 1 and 2 boxset, so I looked online - it's under £14 on Amazon and Play.com, and it's £35 in HMV!! I am all for supporting the high street, but not at more than double the price.

The thing is, the overheads are too high for high street and shopping centre shops. I want to buy the Miranda Series 1 and 2 boxset, so I looked online - it's under £14 on Amazon and Play.com, and it's £35 in HMV!! I am all for supporting the high street, but not at more than double the price.

Haven't Play and Amazon been in the spotlight recently for "keeping their tax bill down"?

Isn't it down to whoever owns Medowhall to who can and cannot open a shop?
In times of plenty, when there is an orderly queue of very solvent retail businesses 'wanting in', absolutely.

Currently, as leaseholders have been exiting M'all one after the other for a fair few months now...the overheads are not going to pay by themselves, are they? ;)

The days of Eddie Healey's vision and standards are long, long gone.

Archived