Have i got another dodgy landlord?

aidy

In this case I assume it depends what is being rented - if it is a bedsit rather than a shared house the landlord can enter the non-rented portions of the house without any notice or trespass.

Yes. As long as L reserves a right to enter on communal parts not let, T canot restrain that.

Jeffrey do those rules apply to landlords being able to come round at anytime to show people rooms? 2am seems unfair on me and other housemates who have to get up for work at 5am and are woken up by this.

Jeffrey do those rules apply to landlords being able to come round at anytime to show people rooms? 2am seems unfair on me and other housemates who have to get up for work at 5am and are woken up by this.

It is a question of degree and will depend on whether L- whilst in the unlet or common parts and not intruding on the let parts- commits a breach of the obligation to give quiet enjoyment** to each T and not to commit harassment. Waking T is surely evidence of L being at least careless or even committing a breach.

(** which is not the same as being quiet, of course)

aidy, not having a go, but earlier you mentioned only working nights.

I cannot find anywhere that the OP says they work nights.

However I do think aidy is being unreasonable in EXPECTING the landlord to change the front door locks. Yes the landlord does seem a bit weird coming around at odd times but it is his property. So long as he isn't trying to gain access to your room I shouldn't think there is anything you can do about this, other than have a friendly word with him. Aidy I don't think bedsit land is your thing, maybe something else would suit you better. Why did you leave your last bedsit ? As for the light bulb issue, he pays the bills !!!!

Yes i do need to be up for 5am for work, as do a couple of other housemates. But even if i didnt i still feel that having the landlord come round at 2am is odd.

Yesterday on this thread you say that you work evenings:

Super Hans - i like how you assume i dont have a job already...for your info i work evenings and was simply in the Jobcentre looking for daytime work. Dont be so quick to judge everyone who goes to the Jobcentre as work-shy spongers!

Maybe you have a really long commute?

Archived