Can you recognise the locations? First action movie, Sheffield 1903

Nagel

I didn't know where Toad's mouth was, but I looked it up and found it's Padley Brook near Fox House. I'm not familiar with the stepping stones there.

Given the other locations at Millhouses I'd strongly suspect that the stepping stones are the ones in Millhouses Park. Remember that the movie is 110 years old and things will have changed a little.

I didn't know where Toad's mouth was, but I looked it up and found it's Padley Brook near Fox House. I'm not familiar with the stepping stones there.

Given the other locations at Millhouses I'd strongly suspect that the stepping stones are the ones in Millhouses Park. Remember that the movie is 110 years old and things will have changed a little.

Yes the river Sheaf as you know runs by the side of Millhouses park and I remember some 75 years ago learning to swim in a pool just below a row of stepping stones. I knew the area well, my father worked as a sythe grinder at, what is now, an industrial museum.

Yes the river Sheaf as you know runs by the side of Millhouses park and I remember some 75 years ago learning to swim in a pool just below a row of stepping stones. I knew the area well, my father worked as a sythe grinder at, what is now, an industrial museum.

abbeydale industrial hamlet?

The railway station is definately Beauchief, I have a book somewhere taken on the same platform as the train leaves and it is the exact same layout with the building on the far platform.

If I find the book can I post a copy of the picture on here for reference or willl I be infringing copyright ?

Archived