Lodge moor/fulwood late 60s early 70s.

Spent a lot of my youth on the spider park on crimicar playing fields also fulwood cafe and the woods,just wondered if anyone else on here had done the same,probably 69-72ish.Fond memories.Each time I visit home compared to then there does'nt seem as many kids about now......Nintendo syndrome perhaps.

-------------------

Hi, When you talk about the cafe would that be opposite the

Lodge moor Hospital, was it stood back from then a bus shelter.

I remember a bungalow or house that sold tea, ice cream and

other items and that was in the late 40/50s when i lived up

Fulwood. :huh:

-------------------

Hi, When you talk about the cafe would that be opposite the

Lodge moor Hospital, was it stood back from then a bus shelter.

I remember a bungalow or house that sold tea, ice cream and

other items and that was in the late 40/50s when i lived up

Fulwood. :huh:

I was referring to forge dam cafe to be honest.The cafe you mean was lodge moor cafe opposite the hospital gates.My mum bought it in early 72 selling it again in mid 73.

I was referring to forge dam cafe to be honest.The cafe you mean was lodge moor cafe opposite the hospital gates.My mum bought it in early 72 selling it again in mid 73.

There was also a little shop that sold pots of tea and ice creams at the farm just as the road drops to the top of Wyming Brook

There was also a little shop that sold pots of tea and ice creams at the farm just as the road drops to the top of Wyming Brook

Remember that very well,it's now a private house once more but all through my growing up years it was as you say a good source of ice cream.My mate has wyming brook farm he's the third generation,spent a lot of time up there and used the little shop regularly.

• 2 years later...

Well I know it's not a new thread but it's apt so I will use it. Anyway I was talking to a security man up at lodge moor hospital after it had been closed, and he reckoned there were big airaid shelters with one exit exposed when they dug out the area for the new bus turn-around up there. I wonder if anyone knows anything about them ?

https://goo.gl/photos/JRQznHLEnyzNygJq9

Hi Oldun and Spilldig, Enclose picture of Blackbrooke Rd.

https://goo.gl/photos/LMXAjE7ETwAXt4ds6

This picture on Blackbrooke Rd, the farmer use to let us Sledge in his field in

the winter times when we were snowed in and could'nt get to school

the field on the right, great fun in the 40/50s.

Edited by brian1941

Hi Brian1941

Nice photo – I recognise it but I thought sledging was on field to the left. Your young days were clearly at Lodge Moor but mine were at Totley. If I was to put a year after Oldun it would be 1930! At Lodge Moor I lived on Rochester Drive. I remember winter 1963 clearing the snow all up Rochester (4/5 ft drifts) in an effort to get out to business – I failed.