Lodge moor/fulwood late 60s early 70s.

https://goo.gl/photos/JLv3jQtzazGFkHJt5

Hi Oldun. The field on the left was a corn field in the 40/50s.

The picture i send today is of the cricket pitch with a new pavillion on the right

of the pic.

https://goo.gl/photos/XyZeroQvBzto7Wfp8

This is in winter time, again the cricket pitch and now a playing field.

Hope you like. Brian.

Edited by brian1941

Hello Brian1941

Nice photos – I do like them so thanks for sharing them with me. However I do still seem to remember (even at my age) on at least one occasion sledging in a field to the left at some time.

Hello Dreb48

As your young days were in Totley then an article on the ‘Totley History Group’ website by Eric Renshaw could well interest you. Go to ‘Totley History Group’ then to ‘Life in Totley’ then to’People’ and then click on ‘Eric Renshaw’.

Cheers both – Oldun1930 (there I have said it now)

Thanks Oldun. I go on Totley History Groups site quite often and I've read the piece by Eric Renshaw which I really enjoyed. I imagine that's smack bang in your era and though I'm familiar with some of the names mentioned it's a tad before my time as you know.

I was born in a prefab on GreenOak estate in 48 and left in 66. So that's all my formative years. Happy days and happier times

Hi Eric. I think I should have guessed that really.

It's a lovely bit of writing and I'm sure will be read by many in years to come.

A great insight into a Totley that was still there when I was a child but has now long gone.