Ebay scammer beware - Jordan David Evans

Just a heads up to anyone who might get an email from this person reagarding something listed on ebay. I received an email yesterday asking if my item was still for sale .... erm yeah course it is, the listing you got me details from doesn't close until Sunday ... i then got this reply

Thanks for the mail,i am buying this for my son as his gift because i would not be around to celebrate with him i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want this item to be a surprise gift for my son so i wont let him know anything about the item until it gets delivered to him,i am sure he will be more than happy with the item.I will make the payment through paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible for the item and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up, go on http://www.paypal.com and get it set up ,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up immediately you have receive the payment in full.please get back to me with your last price.

Jordan David

it seemed a bit wierd so i googled his name 'Jordan David Evans' as it apeared on the first email and there are a couple of pages on anti-scam websites where this person has attempted to purchase items but then comes up with some daft story about having to transfer £1000 to a pick up company in Africa ... the emails on the scam sites are almost identical to the one i received. needless to say i won't be responding to the message.

Just thought i would share this with guys to try and prevent anyone falling for the scam :cool:

Just a heads up to anyone who might get an email from this person reagarding something listed on ebay. I received an email yesterday asking if my item was still for sale .... erm yeah course it is, the listing you got me details from doesn't close until Sunday ... i then got this reply

Thanks for the mail,i am buying this for my son as his gift because i would not be around to celebrate with him i am a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore and due to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want this item to be a surprise gift for my son so i wont let him know anything about the item until it gets delivered to him,i am sure he will be more than happy with the item.I will make the payment through paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your PayPal email address so i can make the payment as soon as possible for the item and pls if you don't have PayPal account yet,it is very easy to set up, go on http://www.paypal.com and get it set up ,after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up immediately you have receive the payment in full.please get back to me with your last price.

Jordan David

it seemed a bit wierd so i googled his name 'Jordan David Evans' as it apeared on the first email and there are a couple of pages on anti-scam websites where this person has attempted to purchase items but then comes up with some daft story about having to transfer £1000 to a pick up company in Africa ... the emails on the scam sites are almost identical to the one i received. needless to say i won't be responding to the message.

Just thought i would share this with guys to try and prevent anyone falling for the scam :cool:

I got virtually the same thing only mine wanted my paypal details and they would transfer the money asap I sent them one back saying why ty kind sir but at the moment I really cant be bothered with numpties this week and jog on lololol he never did reply............I was a bit naffed of he didn't reply as I wanted to play ho well Next numpty please lolololol

• 7 months later...

Archived