Should we make our children to leave home?

Denmonte point her to this thread. it may shock her a little.

i would be so embaraced if i was in my 20's and had to ask my mum to pay for a holiday.

in fact my mum would have prob just laughed at me and told me to either save more or forget the trip.

at the moment she has everything she wants. warm, comphy safe, cheap, bank of mum and dad on tap.

Denmonte point her to this thread. it may shock her a little.

i would be so embaraced if i was in my 20's and had to ask my mum to pay for a holiday.

in fact my mum would have prob just laughed at me and told me to either save more or forget the trip.

at the moment she has everything she wants. warm, comphy safe, cheap, bank of mum and dad on tap.

I would never show her this thread.

I know someone who has moved two doors up from their parents and is exactly the same. Her Dad walks up the road with a cup of tea for her and carries clothes back to be ironed. No lie.

It isn't living under the same roof that is at fault. It's the attitude and relationship that is broken.

It's quite simple, if a child grows up without the means to be independent, then that is the fault of the parents. So if they are still at home in their mid 20's+ with no job prospects or the means to go it alone, that is the parents fault and they should be made to house the child whom they have failed so badly in life.

I think most "kids" want to move out when they realise they want the freedom to invite back a mate for a passionate and noisy night/morning of edgy sex, without feeling like you're disrespecting the house rules.

19 for me.

Not because of the sex though.

:(

I think most "kids" want to move out when they realise they want the freedom to invite back a mate for a passionate and noisy night/morning of edgy sex, without feeling like you're disrespecting the house rules.

19 for me.

Not because of the sex though.

:(

Why was it then? Why did you feel the need to move ?

in my case i had decided i was an adult. i had a chat with my mum and dad who told me to be certain, as once i left they would be there to support me, but not to smother me anymore.

i moved out about a week later and in the 28 yrs since i havent asked them for a thing. my mum calls me every week or so, asks how life is etc.

i moved into a small flat then a house with my 1st wife.

Archived