Being kicked out because landlord is selling..

the thing is the business selling the property seems to be seperate to our letting agents so they want us to be in for photographs of the property (I don't want my stuff being photographed anyway) and I assume it would be the same for viewings.

Surely we should only have to deal with our letting agents:huh:

I don't want to end up hosting viewings while we should be enjoying the property we are paying for?

Does anyone know?

Does it mention anything about it in your contract?

When we moved out of our old rented house, the estate agent gave us a choice. We could either arrange to show the next potential tenants arounds ourselves or we could leave it up to the estate agents and they would let themselves in and do the viewing.

Does it mention anything about it in your contract?

When we moved out of our old rented house, the estate agent gave us a choice. We could either arrange to show the next potential tenants arounds ourselves or we could leave it up to the estate agents and they would let themselves in and do the viewing.

I would opt for this if the estate agents were the same as our letting agents but they aren't. Why should we trust them with our personal property?

I will have a look in the contract but I can't imagine there would be a clause to say we had to allow a third party to show potential buyers around.

I would opt for this if the estate agents were the same as our letting agents but they aren't. Why should we trust them with our personal property?

I will have a look in the contract but I can't imagine there would be a clause to say we had to allow a third party to show potential buyers around.

There may or may not be - but the landord or agent has to give "reasonable notice" and you have to agree to it.

What I do with my tenants is tell them I want access for a viewing, that I appreciate it is an intrusion of privacy and if they agree I'll be happy to rebate 50% of the last months rent when I return the deposit afterwards. If they don't want to agree than that's also OK. Most times they are quite happy to do this, I think that's a fair solution all round. You could try proposing that to the agents?

Regardless of what they say though you should insist on being there, that way no one can accuse anyone else of impropriety.

It wouldn't matter if there was, they cannot enter if you don't give them permission if it is a single let property on a standard AST agreement. But if you are going to be moving out soon anyway, time to negotiate. They can do viewings for last months free rent etc. Be creative.

Ordinary people do not deserve rights, and are treated as cattle in many ways. We live in a culture of greed, and therefore have only an economic use.

When one's usefulness in housing, or employment is questioned, its on to the scrap heap. One has no significance at all. If enough people are thrown out of their properties and sleep on the streets it would be necessary to criminalise them by passing laws on preventing such things. The poor are almost seen as criminals anyway, as the tabloid press helps to demonstrate.

We live in a democracy in which whoever you vote for is ruled by corporations and banks

The reality of where society is going is simple masters and slaves/serfd. There are those who do the masters bidding and are thus given status over those less fortunate. Learn to accept you position in society, you are useful only when the conditions are right, and tossed out when not so.

So learn to grovel, and smile while being kicked!

So learn to grovel, and smile while being kicked!

Or, you can start taking steps towards a place where the kicking is less frequent and not so hard.

Or, as Bruce Lee said, be water. What happens when you kick water?

Sorry, I'm trying to be profound. Not sure it's working.

Archived