Any good hillsborough bars and clubs?

fishermanlee

Hillsborough is a great place to live, but the pubs are appalling.

Most people from Hillsborough drink in Kelham Island or Bradfield/Loxley, because most people from Parsons Cross and Southey drink in Hillsborough.

Hillsborough Hotel and New Barrack Tavern are about the only decent ones.

Most people from Hillsborough drink in Kelham Island or Bradfield/Loxley, because most people from Parsons Cross and Southey drink in Hillsborough.

Couldn't agree more.

I've been a few times to meet friends who live in the area. It's a truly awful place to drink with some of the worst people in Sheffield. Get to Kelham Island instead

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Yep - there's a weird kind of population displacement when it comes to people who drink in Hillsborough, and people from Hillsborough who go out drinking.

Supposing there was a decent put nearer to Hillsborough centre, would it work out? Could Thornbridge make it work (yes I know, not everyone's idea of a good pub, but would be a decent alternative to what's there now)?

Good job the tram route takes you near some good wateringholes.

Yep - there's a weird kind of population displacement when it comes to people who drink in Hillsborough, and people from Hillsborough who go out drinking.

Supposing there was a decent put nearer to Hillsborough centre, would it work out? Could Thornbridge make it work (yes I know, not everyone's idea of a good pub, but would be a decent alternative to what's there now)?

Good job the tram route takes you near some good wateringholes.

I reckon there's a market for it. Guess the Blake in Walkley (with a similar population make-up) has to some extent suggested that.

Perhaps with deliberate up-market pricing and no loud music (except live) policies it could be done?

I reckon there's a market for it. Guess the Blake in Walkley (with a similar population make-up) has to some extent suggested that.

Perhaps with deliberate up-market pricing and no loud music (except live) policies it could be done?

I don't think it just needs up-market pricing, just decent staff and security. Got no problem who else is in the pub as long as they don't impact on my enjoyment.

I definitely think there's a market for a decent pub in Hillsborough. It's the only downside we've found after living there for 18 months.

Archived