Any good hillsborough bars and clubs?

fishermanlee

i am going to hillsborough area for a few drinks with mates and wanted to know any good bars or pubs that are popular more with young people?

The Freemasons is under new management.

I wounder if the manager and her directors have plans to make it a real ale venue?

Would definatley be good to have a venue that place live music, servces decent ale, and was particular on the kind of clientel that came in.

I used to love going into Barrack Tavern, but their gig list has got appaulling.

Hillsborough is a great place to live, but the pubs are appalling.

Most people from Hillsborough drink in Kelham Island or Bradfield/Loxley, because most people from Parsons Cross and Southey drink in Hillsborough.

Hillsborough Hotel and New Barrack Tavern are about the only decent ones.

trouble is, the good folk of Fulwood that used to frequent the edgy and trendy real ale establishments of Kelham Island now have to drink elsewhere due to the people from Hillsborough moving in :hihi:

If you did place a decent pub in a central location it would prove far too convenient for the Primarkers.Much more sensible to hide the place away somewhere and leave the intrepid ones to enjoy its isolation.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that - if you put a Blake-type pub next door to Legends you'll get Legends punters. Any pubs a bit off the main drag that aren't already turned into Tesco Metros / still standing, ripe for a makeover?

If you did place a decent pub in a central location it would prove far too convenient for the Primarkers.Much more sensible to hide the place away somewhere and leave the intrepid ones to enjoy its isolation.

I found the place your on about last Friday night, real ale not over crowded no loud music no yobs and according to the bloke behind the bar they're going to start doing food if it takes off. Only opens at weekends at night which is a shame. If I tell you where it is keep it to your self :)

Riverside Cafe, Catch Bar lane

I found the place your on about last Friday night, real ale not over crowded no loud music no yobs and according to the bloke behind the bar they're going to start doing food if it takes off. Only opens at weekends at night which is a shame. If I tell you where it is keep it to your self :)

Riverside Cafe, Catch Bar lane

That's interesting, I've seen the sign and was wondering what it's like. Is it a proper pub then, I wondered if it was just for functions?

Archived