Horse dna found in beefburgers

I really dont see what all the fuss is about ....... people eat Rabbit and Pheasant ,so where`s the problem with Horse. ?

Ooo, I love a bit of pheasant. We get given every now and then. You have to skin and gut them yourself, but it's worth it. At least you know the bird lived free, got shot and then given to you to cook.

With this horsemeat scandal, it seems like the supply chain goes something like this:

Findus put their name on the box, but it was made by someone in Luxemburg, outsourced by a French manufacturer, with meat sourced by someone in Belgium through an agent in Cyprus, via an agent in Outer Mongolia, from an "abbattoir" in Romania.........who were getting their meat from god knows where.

Not sure where the mafia fit into this.

Anyway, the chances of these animals being looked after in the slightest, the chances of them being slaughtered within ethical and hygene standards, the chances of good practice being followed all round are pretty slim I'd say.

Also, although there probably aren't so many links in the chain as far as the meat changing hands goes, you do have to wonder if cold / frozen storage has been maintained properly?

How many times has the stuff been loaded, unloaded, bunged into one warehouse or another, frozen, unfrozen, left to get warm, rained on ....??????? ......on it's way to the final destination?

It's making even roadkill look more tempting!!

UPDATE ON BEEFBURGER SCANDAL

A spokesman for The Environmental Food Agency announced to-day that traces of beef had been found in Tesco Beefburgers.

It was also announced that the illegal inclusion of horsemeat in ready meals was gradually being reined in and the ESA was to "mount" a rigorous campaign

against the perpetrators.

Supermarkets are now complaining that after taking contaminated products off the shelf they are now saddled with thousands of pounds worth of unsaleable stock.

PS. Following a lunch of beefburger and chips to-day, the wife said-I think you are loosing your voice dear. No love I`m just a little hoarse I replied.

After just watching the Panorama programme, I was sickened that those in positions of trust and those meant to protect the public were blaming the economic crisis for the scandal. No, it's about total lack of scruples, and pure unadulterated greed. The supermarkets cannot feed us with bullocks ads telling us they know exactly where their food is coming from, and then tell us they didn't know about this. Heads must roll.

After just watching the Panorama programme, I was sickened that those in positions of trust and those meant to protect the public were blaming the economic crisis for the scandal. No, it's about total lack of scruples, and pure unadulterated greed. The supermarkets cannot feed us with bullocks ads telling us they know exactly where their food is coming from, and then tell us they didn't know about this. Heads must roll.

Why not ,they have been feeding us Horse , so why not Bullocks. ?

ive said before ill say it again, there's two points to it

1 - people like to know what they're eating, if they wanna eat horse they buy horse not beef

2 - if the authorities didn't know it was in there then they don't know if its suitable for human consumption, could have drugs or diseases in it

Couldn't put it better myself.

Not to mention that some people are highly allergic to horse meat! One minute you're tucking into Iceland's best beef lasagne, next thing you know, you're fighting for you're life & no one knows what's wrong with you.

I wonder if all these prats who keep banging on with rubbish like, "I don't care what meat is in my food, as long as it's cheap", would actually buy horse burgers if they went on sale in the supermarkets?!

The logical think to do would be to trial them, see how well they sell. Horse is obviously cheaper than beef & it must taste similar! I'd give them a bash!

Archived