Horse dna found in beefburgers

This latest horsemeat scandal will cause millions to panic in the U.K. Expect a surge in hospital admissions, suicides and calls to cancel the Grand National.

On top of the fear and chaos caused by over 3 millimetres of snow falling over high ground, this could send our proud country into a spiral of decline. We only need a drought warning now and the U.K. could collapse overnight.

Bring back John ' 2-fists ' Prescott to sort out the mess !

I can't understand why they are taking them off the shelf instead of selling them cheap.

You have to ask yourself how horse meat got into the burgers in such quantity rather than whether horse meat in itself is a problem.

As abatoirs do not handle horses it is clearly from an illegal source.

Several years ago the rules regarding knackers yards was changed and dead horses now have to be buried or burned at great cost. So if someone is slipping dead and diseased horses into the human meat supply that is more worrying than the simple fact that humans are eating horse, which I have done many times.

Possibly because they may be breaching Trading Standards and or some health and safety rules by not declaring what the Burgers contain.

Just needs a sticker saying beef and horse burger, half price and they will fly off the shelf.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 09:23 ----------

You have to ask yourself how horse meat got into the burgers in such quantity rather than whether horse meat in itself is a problem.

Several years ago the rules regarding knackers yards was changed and dead horses now have to be buried or burned at great cost. So if someone is slipping dead and diseased horses into the human meat supply that is more worrying than the simple fact that humans are eating horse, which I have done many times.

Good point.

That then leads to the question, why are they claiming they are safe if they don’t know where the horse meat came from.

They are saying it from "fillers" that come from mainland Europe.

They are saying it from "fillers" that come from mainland Europe.

Or not as the case may be..

BBC NEWS

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) said the meat had come from two processing plants in the Irish Republic - Liffey Meats and Silvercrest Foods - and the Dalepak Hambleton plant in Yorkshire.

Or not as the case may be..

BBC NEWS

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) said the meat had come from two processing plants in the Irish Republic - Liffey Meats and Silvercrest Foods - and the Dalepak Hambleton plant in Yorkshire.

I understand that they process the meat- into burgers etc - but some of the meat used comes in from Spain

Archived