John Smith's Smooth. Strength goes down. Price goes up.

I was watching Look North and the manager of a working men's club was getting very upset. John Smith's had just put a 2.5p/pint increase on the beer they supply. What they had failed to tell the manager was that they had also decreased the strength in order to pay less duty on the beer.

Watering the workers beer springs to mind. There again if you drink John Smith's Smooth you deserve all you get.

http://news.sky.com/story/1038421/john-smiths-brewer-denies-tax-saving-claims

I was watching Look North and the manager of a working men's club was getting very upset. John Smith's had just put a 2.5p/pint increase on the beer they supply. What they had failed to tell the manager was that they had also decreased the strength in order to pay less duty on the beer.

Watering the workers beer springs to mind. There again if you drink John Smith's Smooth you deserve all you get.

:hihi::hihi:

Anyone who says they can tell the difference of %.2 is having a laugh.

Anyone who says they can tell the difference of %.2 is having a laugh.

That's actually a 5% reduction in strength. Are you telling me (and your landlord) that you wouldn't notice if he added 15 pints of water to every barrel?..........and charged you extra for doing so.

Perhaps they should rename it John Smith's Extra Water.

That's actually a 5% reduction in strength. Are you telling me (and your landlord) that you wouldn't notice if he added 15 pints of water to every barrel?..........and charged you extra for doing so.

Perhaps they should rename it John Smith's Extra Water.

The brewery has stated there is no difference in the taste, as they are the experts they should know,how would you pick up on the change.

The brewery has stated there is no difference in the taste, as they are the experts they should know,how would you pick up on the change.

Are the brewery likely to tell you anything else?

"Hey chaps we've watered your beer down and it might taste even crapper"

Archived