John Smith's Smooth. Strength goes down. Price goes up.

Which brewery? The one on Bridge Street is still there. I'll always remember the smell of malt when I was a kid.

Personally, I don't drink to get drunk, I rarely have more than 4 pints (usually 3). I go out mainly to see friends and listen to records.

Done a bit of research, just talked to a bloke who worked at Wards brewery for thirty years and posed the question to him, is the Hops or the Malt you can smell and he replied it's the Hops you can smell not Malt, I knew I was right, when we were kids in the fifties I always remember the smell was commented on a lot and the word Hops was always banded around. So there you go Mecky, the Brewery you worked at, did you brew Horlicks.:hihi:

The brewery has stated there is no difference in the taste, as they are the experts they should know,how would you pick up on the change.

Having tasted John Smith's Extra Smooth, Iwould have great difficulty in describing John Smith's as experts.

And you shouldn't believe everything brewery's say uncritically anyway. I can think of a number of highly dubious claims made by breweries.

Done a bit of research, just talked to a bloke who worked at Wards brewery for thirty years and posed the question to him, is the Hops or the Malt you can smell and he replied it's the Hops you can smell not Malt, I knew I was right, when we were kids in the fifties I always remember the smell was commented on a lot and the word Hops was always banded around. So there you go Mecky, the Brewery you worked at, did you brew Horlicks.:hihi:

Is that before or after you've drunk it.

Archived