With all the burglaries going on - set up an account on immobilise.com

Having heard about a friend in Shiregreen getting burgled yesterday afternoon I thought I would make people aware of http://www.immobilise.com

Basically, if the police recover anything, they search for it on here. For example, every recovered bike has it's frame number checked. Every phone has the IMEI number checked.

The website is a bit slow and clunky, I am currently adding anything I own with a serial number. You can even add photo's and list any identifying marks. It's slow, but once it's done it's done.

Sure it has been mentioned before but I imagine loads of people don't know about it.

Should you get robbed, you won't get your stuff back unless they know it was yours!

Just spent ages adding stuff to it, even my bluetooth mouse!

Also bought one of their Immobitags for my bike. (cheaper from their ebay shop) It fits down the seat post stem and works in the same way the pet chipping does. The police scan all bikes they recover (allegedly!)

:)

Archived