Nasty cold virus, whose got it?

I had it as well, 3 weeks on and the coughing is just subsiding and still a bit "chesty" its been a really horrible one, I have felt exhausted all through and still am :(

Had exactly same -- coughing razor blades, choking etc taken copious amounts of Lemsip, Flu tabs, Jack Daniels, etc etc eventually given up and taking nothing (except JD). Seem to be improving now -- the moral is take JD regularly to fight off infection... plus nurofen for the hangover

I got some Benelin for chest coughs yesterday, had a better night, not coughed as much. Could have stayed in bed though as still so tired.

instead of benelin ,get a glass claret ,put in a tablespoon of honey, ,,microwave for 1 minute then drink it while its hot .

take 1000 miligramme of vitamin C every 2hrs ,

the hot claret with honey is a better and cheaper expectorant than what the drug companys can come up with

It keeps fading away and coming back, a bit less each time. Not a cold exactly, because it includes a really stiff neck and headaches. Sort of a cross between a bad cold and viral meningitis. I came down with it first week of October, was off work a full week, and had it right through xmas. It's just about gone now but keeps having little resurgences even now.

It keeps fading away and coming back, a bit less each time. Not a cold exactly, because it includes a really stiff neck and headaches. Sort of a cross between a bad cold and viral meningitis. I came down with it first week of October, was off work a full week, and had it right through xmas. It's just about gone now but keeps having little resurgences even now.

I thought it was just me... I've had a couple of days of "relapse" and feeling shocking, again.

We are sick of it at our house, not even has Christmas dinner yet frozen everything that I could, might end up bbqing it. Husband had flu followed by a chest infection and now has a virus, youngest flat out all Christmas, I got to new years eve but not as bad as the man flu, and we are both still coughing our heads off at night. GP today advised Night Nurse medicine fingers crossed because I am exhausted now.

ive had it for four weeks now,coughing as if ive been smoking capstan full strength for fourty yrs.head full of gunge no energy and fully peed off.

I was describing it exactly as that, this morning to my home help. I was saying to her, that It felt and sounded like a smoker's cough, and yet I've been given up smoking 11 years this month.

Archived