Are You Still A Tad Worried About Eating Eggs?

Yeah, that's pretty cheap. I can't recall last time I cracked an egg and didn't use it. You need to be a fair way past the 'use by' before they get minging.

OK! I'm sold on the deal. Now! Without me sounding like Fanny Craddocks lost nephew - I need to know the best oils and pans to cook the eggs in. I just LOVED scrambled and fried eggs as a kid.

So! Scrambled. You lob a egg in a . . . jesus lost. No laughing out there. What's the dogs gonads on ACE scrambled eggs??

If you believed all the Daily Mail food scares, you would starve to death.

Eggs are good.

A good source of protein.

Good value for money.

Versatile.

Taste good.

Avoid eggs from battery hens, and eggs already cracked when bought and you will be fine.

Eggs are good.

Good value for money.

Versatile.

Taste good.

Avoid eggs from battery hens, and eggs already cracked when bought and you will be fine.

Lots of free range eggs are really from battery hens. The farmers have batteries and a few free range chickens and get confused when boxing the eggs up.;)

I didn't realise that the torys ran battery chicken farms in the 80's. You learn something new every day.

Ask Edwina the Witch.

---------- Post added 15-01-2013 at 22:19 ----------

Eggs are good.

Good value for money.

Versatile.

Taste good.

Well said - how will I know?

---------- Post added 15-01-2013 at 22:20 ----------

Never had any problems or concerns. Always have boiled, poached and fried with soft yolks.

You must get good eggs then.

The only way you could be totally sure of the origin of your eggs is to keep chickens yourself.

If anyone is interested in adopting some 'retired' hens, here is a link:

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/cms/re-home-some-hens/

My mum has three, they are very amusing and since she got them I have thought a lot more about livestock welfare. I now always buy free range eggs, or get them for free :D

Archived