Are You Still A Tad Worried About Eating Eggs?

After the Tories made eggs a no go zone...

When did the Tories make eggs a no go zone? I know they've been accused of many things, sometimes rightly, but this is a new one on me.

I eat eggs regularly and I have no worries about eating them, why would I? I don't keep them in the fridge either, there's no need. They keep perfectly well for up to three weeks in a kitchen cupboard.

They should always be cooked from room temperature for the best results which would mean getting them out of the fridge half an hour before eating them if I kept them refridgerated. I can't be bothered with that so keep them in a cupboard, always ready to eat any time I fancy a fried egg sandwich, one of the culinary peaks of British cuisine :)

When did the Tories make eggs a no go zone? I know they've been accused of many things, sometimes rightly, but this is a new one on me.

I eat eggs regularly and I have no worries about eating them, why would I? I don't keep them in the fridge either, there's no need. They keep perfectly well for up to three weeks in a kitchen cupboard.

They should always be cooked from room temperature for the best results which would mean getting them out of the fridge half an hour before eating them if I kept them refridgerated. I can't be bothered with that so keep them in a cupboard, always ready to eat any time I fancy a fried egg sandwich, one of the culinary peaks of British cuisine :)

Back in 1988 Edwina Currie caused a scare and it was all over the news ! The following link gives an insight of the vile woman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwina_Currie

Ask Edwina the Witch.

Currie was forced to resign in December 1988 after she issued a warning about salmonella in British eggs. The statement that "most of the egg production in this country, sadly, is now affected with salmonella"[5] sparked outrage among farmers and egg producers, and caused egg sales in the country to rapidly decline.[6] Although the statement was widely interpreted as referring to "most eggs produced", in fact it related to the egg production flock; there was indeed evidence that a mid-1980s regulation change had allowed salmonella to get a hold in flocks.[7]

Its funny how time allows people to come to different conclusions when they have the evidence at hand.

Archived