Are You Still A Tad Worried About Eating Eggs?

I know.

After the Tories made eggs a no go zone and farmers filled chickens with rubbish I still wonder. Ex mate barfed himself silly today after eating a runny egg. You can buy certain eggs with a stamp on them - this stamp indicates that the egg came from a happy chicken.

Or do you cook the egg super hard - to kill the germs off?

Loads on here must blame tommy upsets on eggs.

Are you a careful egg cooker?

It's more that the poultry industry made them a no-go zone for sloppy working practices - all Edwina Curry did was blow the whistle on that and bring it to everyones attention.

Eggs have got a lot safer than they were back in the 80's - I wouldnt have had a runny yolk fried egg back then but I can and do now with impunity.

OK! I'm sold on the deal. Now! Without me sounding like Fanny Craddocks lost nephew - I need to know the best oils and pans to cook the eggs in. I just LOVED scrambled and fried eggs as a kid.

So! Scrambled. You lob a egg in a . . . jesus lost. No laughing out there. What's the dogs gonads on ACE scrambled eggs??

The easiest way to make scrambled eggs is Get a microwave bowl, crack two/three eggs into it whip it up with a fork, add salt and pepper and a splash of milk, set the mircowave to 3 minuted, put bowl in, after every 30 seconds, take it out give it a bit of a whisk with fork, put it back, and after 3 mins perfect (in my opinion) scrambled eggs. You can add a bit of butter right at the end of cooking .

Forgot to mention, I have my own chickens, and my eggs are lovely.

Eggs were one of the mainstays of my diet until a heart attack last September. Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, you name it, I loved them any way but raw.

They are quite high in cholesterol though and that has become a no no for me for that reason. They are on a list of the foods I virtually lust after but don't eat now...alas and alack! :cry:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608

Eggs were one of the mainstays of my diet until a heart attack last September. Boiled, fried, scrambled, poached, you name it, I loved them any way but raw.

They are quite high in cholesterol though and that has become a no no for me for that reason. They are on a list of the foods I virtually lust after but don't eat now...alas and alack! :cry:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608

I liked eggs as you do, but I have to watch it now I have one now and again, it's moderation Swami, as I was told one now & again won't harm me :)

Yeah, that's pretty cheap. I can't recall last time I cracked an egg and didn't use it. You need to be a fair way past the 'use by' before they get minging.
Six for a quid, cheap? Converted thats $1.60 for six, $3.20 for a dozen. I pay $1.25 for a dozen large size, $1.50 for jumbo.

Do you think Free range eggs come from

A) hens running around a farm, living in a barn with a barn and fed on seeds etc

or

B) Buildings where 9 hens occupy every square metre with less than half a metre of headroom for each floor, and access to a 51% vegetation covered patch the size of a football pitch for every 2000 chickens. Fed on the same food as battery hens.

I love eggs but the view of too many is that free range eggs have anything to do with some kind idyllic and rustic farm -this is a myth. Factory farming methods are used to produce the vast majority of free range eggs. Factory farming is not a bad thing.

A) hens running around a farm, living in a barn with a barn and fed on seeds etc

or

B) Buildings where 9 hens occupy every square metre with less than half a metre of headroom for each floor, and access to a 51% vegetation covered patch the size of a football pitch for every 2000 chickens. Fed on the same food as battery hens.

I love eggs but the view of too many is that free range eggs have anything to do with some kind idyllic and rustic farm -this is a myth. Factory farming methods are used to produce the vast majority of free range eggs. Factory farming is not a bad thing.

I don't get any of that.

or

Are you saying that this is what free range means, and not option A ?

Archived