Zen, the Art of Knitwear and stuff you used to take for granted..

As I was waiting on the bus at Hunters Bar today (recent new service changes, don't get me started.....)

.... I was bored enough to start examining the bobbles on my two year old Duffer of St George £65 knitted top.

I'm old enough to expect to be able to buy a jumper from a shop and get more than a couple of years out of it.

Then I remembered the largely unappreciated hand knitted sweaters given by my my Mum on Birthday's and at Christmas.

Now, thinking back, these would literally last years with regular use and no bobbling, bagging or stretching guaranteed (not forgetting the love and care gone into making them....)

So, what springs to mind that you really used to take for granted at some point in your life?

Footnote:

Mrs Draggletail assures me that £65 for a jumper lasting a year is about right and I'm probably a bit tight in the wallet area.

I am in fact a bit tight in the wallet area.

Oh, the Zen bit, forget that. It's about a book I read years ago, it wasn't about motorcycles then, nor is it about knitwear now...

Anyway, over to you.....

Archived