Are some animals almost human?

A news item said that there is a pet parrot in America that, when shown a picture of a parrot hanging upside down on a swing:screeched "Quick get that parrot on video" did it really know what it was saying? or is it a publicity stunt? Is it vaguely possible for an animal to think in those terms and to understand what they are saying, after all they do have brains but reasoning power: "I am not at all sure".

I know more humans that are almost animal ha ha.

That sounds like it's trained to do that particular thing. Why would it know what a video is, and why - if it did - would it think that it would be a good idea for an upside-down parrot to be recorded?

Dont think it has any sort of reasoning. It's repeating what was said to it a thousand times I reckon! Big daft bird.

Originally posted by jackthedog

It's repeating what was said to it a thousand times I reckon! Big daft bird.

I think there's a bit more to it than that. Here's the BBC's report.

When he first met Dr Jane Goodall, the renowned chimpanzee expert, after seeing her in a picture with apes, N'kisi said: "Got a chimp?"

Archived