First HMV and now Blockbuster

It'll soon be all pound shops

No dont be daft there will be bookies, Wetherspoons and Greggs.

On a serious note I think it might bring about a renasiance in new local shops in our high street such as in Eccalsall and Broomhill.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 15:20 ----------

Merry Xmas from landlords eh. Quarter rent day seems to have pushed quite a few companies over the edge.

Fear not though, the government is forcing housing rents to rise. GDP will go up!

Oh and I forgot when I was replying to this thread its becuase of landlords and housing.

"Will someone not think of the housing"

Merry Xmas from landlords eh. Quarter rent day seems to have pushed quite a few companies over the edge.!

Its not the landlords fault unless you are saying they are doing something different to what has been the norm for 30+ years.

My reaction was a bit like when you hear some old crooner has died and you first think "I didn't know they were still alive".

I don't know who rents DVDs from a shop (with LoveFilm etc and downloads), but obviously a lot of people are going to lose their jobs over this - how many local ones are there? I know there's one in Hillsborough - the one on Eccy Road closed though didn't it?

Its not the landlords fault unless you are saying they are doing something different to what has been the norm for 30+ years.

Dont bite is my suggestion. Every thread we have on here of late Chem1st will tie it to housing, lack of or landlords. Its a sort of housing fetish they have.

My reaction was a bit like when you hear some old crooner has died and you first think "I didn't know they were still alive".

I don't know who rents DVDs from a shop (with LoveFilm etc and downloads), but obviously a lot of people are going to lose their jobs over this - how many local ones are there? I know there's one in Hillsborough - the one on Eccy Road closed though didn't it?

I was thinking exactly the same thing about Blockbuster.

Such as shame, but as people have said, modernisation and what not. Plus I remember reading somewhere (not sure if on here) about HMV selling a boxset for £35, Amazon was £14... I know myself I would probably be happy to spend even up to £20 or so to buy it from an actual store and have it -that day- rather than either getting super saver and waiting a week, or first class 2-3 days, but double is just daft. As for blockbuster, totally agree with the games side, that was certainly the only reason I ever went in!

Archived