First HMV and now Blockbuster

Shame they couldnt learn from HMV and embrace change. Why would anyone go to a movie store when you can download (legally online) anything you want without getting off your hiney???

I am one of those people who still use blockbuster regularly. The reason why I do is I have spent a lot if money on my TV/ surround sound system and from personal experience the picture and sound quality from downloads is nowhere near the quality I can get from a Blu Ray disc rented from Blockbuster. I have looked into downloading from Netflix and others but find the process of choosing a film much easier when I am stood in front of a display on which they are all stacked. I have downloaded one or two films from my cable supplier for a one off fee on top of my normal monthly payment but don't the companies that you download from not require a monthly subscription rather than just make a one off purchase?

I am one of those people who still use blockbuster regularly. The reason why I do is I have spent a lot if money on my TV/ surround sound system and from personal experience the picture and sound quality from downloads is nowhere near the quality I can get from a Blu Ray disc rented from Blockbuster. I have looked into downloading from Netflix and others but find the process of choosing a film much easier when I am stood in front of a display on which they are all stacked. I have downloaded one or two films from my cable supplier for a one off fee on top of my normal monthly payment but don't the companies that you download from not require a monthly subscription rather than just make a one off purchase?

I want to believe you, I really do. But can you just confirm,

that you're definitely not in fact one of the creditors of blockbuster currently owed money? :hihi:

I want to believe you, I really do. But can you just confirm,

that you're definitely not in fact one of the creditors of blockbuster currently owed money? :hihi:

He is American thats for sure.

I've never heard any British person refer to Virgin Media as 'My cable supplier'

I'm in the same boat.

Netflix AV quality is fine for tv programs but nothing nothing close to what Blu Ray offers.

Trouble is most people can't tell the difference. Plus I'm not sure that Blockbuster can either because they've done precious little to push a format (Blu Ray) which was pretty much their only chance of salvation.

Your best bet in future will be mail order blu's through lovefilm.

He is American thats for sure.

I've never heard any British person refer to Virgin Media as 'My cable supplier'

Well if Firth park is in the USA then yes I am American. I used the term cable supplier so as not to risk

Upsetting the mods by singling out one company.

I've been called some pretty bad things in my time but this is just about the worst, American, Pfffffft.

Archived