Spring lane inclusion centre

I suggest that you visit the centre before you make such a comment. I went to the opening after it was refurbished.

Do you suppose I am making an uninformed comment here? The do not have computer games,they have a pool table not snooker tables.As for new facilities open your eyes you will see most schools have been rebuilt with new facilities nothing special there.

From the "Consultant" thread:

My friend worked for the council for 12 months and he left saying that some senior managers are not even qualified for the roles they are doing. Also there is so much favorism in the recruitment process that members of the family/same social groups get promoted and recruited.

There are countless number of people that have taken VER or VR with a big pay packet and then get recruited as consultants.

Lol, no- I know someone that works there and thats how they described it to me. I tell you what, I wouldn't mind them providing the same facilities at my kids school.

You rely a lot on "friends" and hearsay, don't you.

I suggest that you visit the centre before you make such a comment. I went to the opening after it was refurbished.

And then you expect us to do the same.

Hmmm.

I know that teaching staff have some challenging confrontations on a daily basis and also things get damaged a lot.

It is a kind of last chance saloon for kids who are in danger of being permanently excluded from school.

I was being mild when I said "arguing".

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 20:01 ----------

I am a socialble person and have lived in Sheffield for over 25 years. I am friends with many people who are employed in the public sector. So have you enjoyed going through the threads that i have made comments ;)

From the "Consultant" thread:

You rely a lot on "friends" and hearsay, don't you.

And then you expect us to do the same.

Hmmm.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 20:07 ----------

Do you suppose I am making an uninformed comment here? The do not have computer games,they have a pool table not snooker tables.As for new facilities open your eyes you will see most schools have been rebuilt with new facilities nothing special there.
Most of the secondary school have rebuilt or refurbished as part of bsf. Most of the primary estate are in poor state.

I know that teaching staff have some challenging confrontations on a daily basis and also things get damaged a lot.

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 20:01 ----------

I am a socialble person and have lived in Sheffield for over 25 years. I am friends with many people who are employed in the public sector. So have you enjoyed going through the threads that i have made comments ;)

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 20:07 ----------

Most of the secondary school have rebuilt or refurbished as part of bsf. Most of the primary estate are in poor state.

Spring Lane Inclusion Centre is a secondary school.

I know! I am just correcting your comment about all schools being rebuilt;)

A lot of primary schools have also been refurbished!

---------- Post added 16-01-2013 at 20:29 ----------

And just to reassure the OP any reservations should be eased by the fact that the cleaners are not there at the same time as the kids.

A lot of primary schools have also been refurbished!

Compare to the total number of schools in Sheffield, a very small percentage of primary schools have been rebuilt or refurbished. I can't comment on all schools, but in S10, the primary schools are struggling to keep up with just general maintenance, never mind refurbishment.

Compare to the total number of schools in Sheffield, a very small percentage of primary schools have been rebuilt or refurbished.

To be honest I couldn't care less my point was to counter your initial inference that this school was somehow given special treatment that other schools hadn't this was either deliberate or uninformed misrepresentation either way welcome to the Sheffield Forum you will fit in just fine!

Archived