Lotto is changing: Going up to £2 per ticket.

Actually, that's a really valid point. You're probably right, and lets face it, the only time a lot of people play, who wouldn't normally, is when there's a silly amount of money in the rollovers.

I play spordically via an online account and get emails whenever theres a rollover - this is when I tend to play.

It could be part of Camelots plan?

I play spordically via an online account and get emails whenever theres a rollover - this is when I tend to play.

It could be part of Camelots plan?

Hahaha...a cunning plan indeed!...In true 'Baldrick' style! :suspect:

Less people play initially = More chance of rollovers = rollovers getting bigger = more people playing, paying double their stake money.

Hahaha...a cunning plan indeed!...In true 'Baldrick' style! :suspect:

Less people play initially = More chance of rollovers = rollovers getting bigger = more people playing, paying double their stake money.

And more commission for Camelot.

Looks like good news for retired Canadian teachers:

In March 2010 Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan announced that it was buying Camelot for £389m

Yes it is one hell of a rise, but I suppose if you account for inflation since 1994...Hmmm.

It just kinda smacks of desperation to me, as many people who used play, no longer do. Personally I think it might backfire somewhat. Instantly people will have to double whatever spend they currently 'do' on the lottery, and with money as tight as it is, the odds of winning are no better.

If you account for inflation since 1994 a ticket would now cost £1.64 so its well above that level.

Mod Note

Insulting posts removed.

If you want to call each other names go and find a playground to do it in, if you persist in name calling here then you're account may be suspended.

Time to hand it over to Richard Branson who originally pledged all profits to good causes so would have had no vested interest in doubling the price to play.

I play now and then on impulse- i wont miss the odd quid. throwing £2 away is a different matter

Archived