Should the horse meat burgers be sold instead of wasted?

Should the horse meat burgers be sold instead of wasted?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should the horse meat burgers be sold instead of wasted?

• They should be sold.
    • They should be wasted.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jan/17/horsemeat-scandal-burgers-converted-fuel

At least 10,000 of the frozen burgers withdrawn from sale by a leading UK supermarket following the discovery of meat contaminated with horse DNA are to be processed down to their core components, with the fats removed and sold on for energy generation.

Iceland said waste animal tissue would be converted into fuel through the "rendering" process while Sainsbury's said it would sell the meat to generate energy through anaerobic digestion plants.

Seven major British supermarkets are withdrawing a number of their beef products after horse and pig DNA was found in burgers and ready meals sold by four groups in the UK and Ireland. Aldi, Iceland, Lidl and Tesco were selling products which tested positive for equine DNA.

ABP Food Group, which owns the implicated meat suppliers Silvercrest and Dalepak Hambleton, said it was likely that up to 10m burgers would be recalled following the scandal after horsemeat was found in burgers, leaving supermarkets and their suppliers with a dilemma about what to do with the meat mountain.

Iceland said it had so far collected 2,126 units of the two burger lines it withdrew after the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) report identified the rogue DNA.

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 23:55 ----------

I had a Wild Boar burger once and that was one of the nicest burgers I have had, so my little pony lovers can go do one!!!

Wild boar is nice, as is springbok and kangaroo!

Serious Question - I have a large bag of TESCO value minced steak, what is the likelihood that I've been eating something I didn't intend to eat?

Spag Bol is on the menu for this eve, should I go for the minced quorn to be of the safe side?

Can you jump the Garden Fence with ease. ? :hihi::hihi:

Serious Question - I have a large bag of TESCO value minced steak, what is the likelihood that I've been eating something I didn't intend to eat?

Is it nice?

I'd prefer horse to Quorn any day.

Spag Bol is on the menu for this eve, should I go for the minced quorn to be of the safe side?

Just make a massive chilli and add loads of spices...what the eye can't see....

Archived