Should the horse meat burgers be sold instead of wasted?

Should the horse meat burgers be sold instead of wasted?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should the horse meat burgers be sold instead of wasted?

• They should be sold.
    • They should be wasted.

Well it is quite nice, but the thought of some dirty git putting any old crap they like into my dinner puts me right off.

That's why I mince my own. I'd never buy mince from a supermarket, they mince it for a reason:)

Never tried the quorn mince before to be honest, it was on offer so I thought I'd give it a go.

Makes me very windy.:gag:

It tastes ok though, as long as you add plenty of other stuff to it.

Is it nice?

I'd prefer horse to Quorn any day.

Well it is quite nice, but the thought of some dirty git putting any old crap they like into my dinner puts me right off.

Never tried the quorn mince before to be honest, it was on offer so I thought I'd give it a go.

I hadn't realised the Quorn were putting their pack down.

No-one has yet adequately explained why it's:

a. OK to eat cow/sheep/deer/pig/rabbit; but

b. not OK to eat horse/dog/cat/rat.

Horses, dogs & cats are pets & people don't like to eat their pets. Rats are considered unclean. Some people keep rabbits as pets too, but there are some people that wouldn't like to eat rabbit too.

It's the labelling that's the real problem though. It should contain what it says it does, rather than any random meat that's cheaper than beef added to pad it out.

Is a horse more practical and easier, then?

Of course, they might be big animals, but you can ride them, so there is more practical benefit & a closer companionship than keeping a cow or sheep which are usually just farm animals. Many people wouldn't have any problem eating horse, but I can understand why some people do, it's easier to form an emotional attachment to a horse than a cow or sheep.

Healthier than pigsties?

Some large religions wont eat pigs as they consider them unclean. I'm surprised more fuss hasn't been made about the number of 'beef' products found to contain pork.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with eating any animal, as long as it's fresh, tastes good (never found one that doesn't!) & not going to poison me. I'd prefer to know which type of animal it is before I eat it, I'm not a fan of mystery meat.

Some people are fussy eaters though.

My only problem with these horse burgers is the mislabelling. We should be able to trust that the food we eat is what it says it is.

Archived