Looking for members of the Molinari & Carolis(DeCarolis) families

boozy.bird

Hi Julie...i'm Dave,Joes older brother and he mentioned this thread.

I remember Johnny Carolis staying at my Grandmothers house with them,my grandad (another Joe) used to sell ice cream from barrows along with Johnny.

In later years (60s) johnny went on to drive Jimmy Pass in Sheffields first soft ice cream van..Uncle Sam...owned by Tony Manfredi..of City Road.

Regards

Dave.

---------- Post added 20-01-2013 at 17:37 ----------

theres a molinaris ice cream business on fox hill aswel, always a fiew vans parked up at the back of the houses

That's the one i spoke of,the one at Beighton is called Joes ices.

• 3 weeks later...
Frankie sadly is no longer with us,he took over the business with brother Ronnie from their mum and dad (Prima and Primo)

Frankie married Gina Monfredi,daughter of Dominic and Sylvia(T/A Truffellis,Yankee Boy)

I know that Dom has passed away but unfortunately i have not been in contact with them for a while

My dad used to speak of Johnny Carolis who had an ice cream business at Walkley and in the winter sold chestnuts from a handcart,my mate ,who is now 82 ,actually fabricated the braziers for Johnny.

Carolis sold the business to Midland Counties perhaps 50 years ago.

Just distant memories i'm afraid BB,but hopefully it may jog someone's memory.

Buona fortuna.

Joe.

hi i am married to dominicos grandson and have 3 children i havnt heard from sylvia in 3 years i do hope shes well

Hi boozy I am related to the Monfredi family.My grandmother had a child ,my mother,out of wedlock to a Domenico Monfredi.His mothers maiden name was Paola Molinari .Both families were big in the ice cream industy. my mother was born in 1922.

please can u email me domenico is my grandad and sylvia my nan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisamarie86

I have contacted you via Italiangenaeology with a private message giving you my e-mail address if you wish to contact me.

My uncle and aunt were Cessino( Jesse) Di Carolis and Rosa (neeSturla)

I hope to hear from you soon

Can anyone hel[ with a bit of personal research ?

Devoti and Monfredi had a common or joint address on Meadow Street or Scotland Street according to census in 1901 or 1911.

Was there a marriage or some other connection bringing about the shared house or was it a shared business ?

Archived