Elton john is a dad again!!

The children have two loving parents who can more than adequately provide for them financially, which is more than some children have.

I think its good that technology allows people the chance to become parents when they can't naturally, whatever their sexuality.

The children have two loving parents who can more than adequately provide for them financially, which is more than some children have.

I think its good that technology allows people the chance to become parents when they can't naturally, whatever their sexuality.

I think you are making several assumptions.What cannot be challenged is that the child's 18th birthday may coincide with father's funeral-what a way to begin adult life!

I think you are making several assumptions.What cannot be challenged is that the child's 18th birthday may coincide with father's funeral-what a way to begin adult life!

I do agree with you somewhat on the age point, having children so late in life, it must be considered the impact it will have on the child to lose their parent at a young age.

I would perhaps question this, and how the childrens' lives will be affected by Elton's fame, but I don't believe sexuality is a problem.

I am actually quite shocked by some peoples' responses on this thread.

Perhaps the descriptors used were a bit strong, given the audience, but just seems like someone letting off steam against what is not lets face it, a natural occurrence. It is natural for children to grow up knowing mum & dad, not dad & dad, or mum & mum, but by the same token it is not necessarily wrong.

People all choose their own lifestyles & how they share their sexuality, what is silly is that a 65 year old is commended for becoming a dad. I mean lets face it the odds of him seeing the child's 10th birthday, let alone 18th or 21st are not great.

You see 'letting off steam', I see rancid, ignorant hate speech. So it goes.

Perhaps the descriptors used were a bit strong, given the audience, but just seems like someone letting off steam against what is not lets face it, a natural occurrence. It is natural for children to grow up knowing mum & dad, not dad & dad, or mum & mum, but by the same token it is not necessarily wrong.

People all choose their own lifestyles & how they share their sexuality, what is silly is that a 65 year old is commended for becoming a dad. I mean lets face it the odds of him seeing the child's 10th birthday, let alone 18th or 21st are not great.

Remember the 60 year old woman who had a baby with the help of IVF? The papers crucified her - it was sick, wrong and evil. Mick Jagger or some other rock star had a child, and it was great - "he's still got lead in his pencil" etc.

I think the sex of the couple should be no issue to anyone not stuck in the 80's, but I totally understand the concern of a 65 year old having a child. That's kind of why nature stops us naturally conceiving past our late 40s, so that we're here to bring up the child.

That's kind of why nature stops us naturally conceiving past our late 40s, so that we're here to bring up the child.

Nature then helps men to keep their fertility indefinitely, it also enables female children of 12 to have a baby.

Speaking for myself, I am happy to have been brought up by a mother and a father, had I the choice such would have been my preference too.

Nature then helps men to keep their fertility indefinitely, it also enables female children of 12 to have a baby.

Speaking for myself, I am happy to have been brought up by a mother and a father, had I the choice such would have been my preference too.

Interesting point (the first one). There must be a reason for that I suppose.

Second point, I don't think it matters one bit personally.

There are very good straight parents and very bad ones. Equally, there are very good gay parents, and very bad ones. Sexuality shouldn't come into it. Loving the child, treating it well and raising it right, with good morals and values is all that matters. My parents remain together after 40 years of marriage. I'm very happy that they gave me the views and morals I have, but would have been equally happy with two dads or two mums. As long as they gave me the beliefs they did, I'm happy.