Elton john is a dad again!!

Same sex couples shouldnt be allowed children, IMO its morally wrong.

Ive nothing against homosexuality - what sexuality people are is there own business however raising a child in that kind of environment is not healthy - can you imagine how much that child is going to get bullied at school due to it? And kids being kids, you can guarantee that will happen. very selfish and certainly not putting the childs best interests first IMO.

Yes, children can be cruel, and a small minority will bully other children for any reason they can find. But they don't get their attitudes from nowhere. If all parents taught their children that some people are different, homophobic attitudes would not perpetuate to the next generation.

What about those aspects of medicine which eschew science like faith healing,and homeopathy?There have been numerous medical practices which neglected science such as blood-letting.

I don't think that they're covered by evidence based medicine, which is what we are talking about in reality when we refer to modern medicine.

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 10:21 ----------

Same sex couples shouldnt be allowed children, IMO its morally wrong.

Ive nothing against homosexuality - what sexuality people are is there own business however raising a child in that kind of environment is not healthy - can you imagine how much that child is going to get bullied at school due to it? And kids being kids, you can guarantee that will happen. very selfish and certainly not putting the childs best interests first IMO.

Isn't the homophobic bullying the issue here that's morally wrong and the thing that should be challenged, rather than whether two gay men act on their paternal feelings?

I don't think that they're covered by evidence based medicine, which is what we are talking about in reality when we refer to modern medicine.

Well I had not observed that such narrow parameters had been agreed,and I am no fan of these peripheral ideas,but would still accept they contribute to medical knowledge.at the time blood letting was considered quite scientific,and ECT is still used ,although no-one has established how it works.

Well I had not observed that such narrow parameters had been agreed,and I am no fan of these peripheral ideas,but would still accept they contribute to medical knowledge.at the time blood letting was considered quite scientific,and ECT is still used ,although no-one has established how it works.

It's the same with modern anaesthetics, but there is verifiable sound evidence that it does work, which what modern medicine is all about.

Yea, they would be much better off with useless parents or in care wouldn't they.

I thought the kids had been "created" for him/ partner- so being in care would not come into it?

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 10:36 ----------

Remember the 60 year old woman who had a baby with the help of IVF? The papers crucified her - it was sick, wrong and evil. Mick Jagger or some other rock star had a child, and it was great - "he's still got lead in his pencil" etc.

I think the sex of the couple should be no issue to anyone not stuck in the 80's, but I totally understand the concern of a 65 year old having a child. That's kind of why nature stops us naturally conceiving past our late 40s, so that we're here to bring up the child.

Age is the issue for me too.

No guarantees in life but deliberately having a child - when the likelihood is you will not live beyond their teens is a selfish act to me.

Do you think that kid will wear a t-shirt alluding to his unusual circumstances?How will other children find out-perhaps a bigot with a loud mouth might discover their secret and spread gossip.You must know someone like this?

Something like that will easily get out, suggesting otherwise is just being extremely naive.

I remember as a kid being asked at school what my mum and dad do as jobs, I can just imagine it now..little timmy explaining that he doesnt have a mummy and daddy, but infact has 2 daddies.

Yes, children can be cruel, and a small minority will bully other children for any reason they can find. But they don't get their attitudes from nowhere. If all parents taught their children that some people are different, homophobic attitudes would not perpetuate to the next generation.

Isn't the homophobic bullying the issue here that's morally wrong and the thing that should be challenged, rather than whether two gay men act on their paternal feelings?

In an ideal world maybe, however we dont live in an ideal world and the stark reality is that a child with same sex parents is more than likely going to get abuse for it.

Something like that will easily get out, suggesting otherwise is just being extremely naive.

I remember as a kid being asked at school what my mum and dad do as jobs, I can just imagine it now..little timmy explaining that he doesnt have a mummy and daddy, but infact has 2 daddies.

In an ideal world maybe, however we dont live in an ideal world and the stark reality is that a child with same sex parents is more than likely going to get abuse for it.

A bright child would say "My dad works in the music industry and his partner is an entertainer"

Archived