Elton john is a dad again!!

I thought Bernie wrote the lyrics, Elton the tunes?

I think you may be right but how do you copyright tunes given most artists cannot use music notation?

---------- Post added 19-01-2013 at 19:04 ----------

Yes, but they thought his hotpot was great on Corrie :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I am sorry but I never watch C St-is it a cookery programme?

The children have two loving parents who can more than adequately provide for them financially, which is more than some children have.

I think its good that technology allows people the chance to become parents when they can't naturally, whatever their sexuality.

money doesnt make a child happy or give a child a good home life.....

In an ideal world maybe, however we dont live in an ideal world and the stark reality is that a child with same sex parents is more than likely going to get abuse for it.

How more than likely? there's no precedent, no data..nothing...a little too early to be calling the shots on that.

In an ideal world yes, I do agree the world isn't ideal though. That reason alone isn't good enough to bend to bigots, racism and homophobia. That being the case no forward thinking on the subject would be tolerated. (There are plenty of countries that would feed into that paranoia, all you need is a ticket) If denying others the choice by laying down rules, then we ought to start looking at mixed race children, fat children, ginger haired children...children get abused at all levels everyday for all different complex reasons, mostly they survive, mostly they are better for it..What I have issues with is when adults use children (abuse) as a disguise for their own deeper messed up warped sense of what they perceive as right, ironically these are the parents who haven't survived and are certainly not the better for it.

As JFKvN pointed out..the mindset of the bigot here is the problem, not what the bigot perceives as the problem. If the child suffers it wont be because of Elton John.

Across the spectrum all children are abused..let's stop having kids?

little timmy explaining that he doesnt have a mummy and daddy, but infact has 2 daddies.

He has a Mummy and a Daddy. What's to explain?

Elton John's children are set up for life. They're extremely privileged and lucky children.

Same sex couples shouldnt be allowed children, IMO its morally wrong.

Why is it morally wrong to raise a child within a same-sex couple?

can you imagine how much that child is going to get bullied at school due to it?

No. I'd have to presume it, like you are doing.

Yes, something about this just makes me feel uneasy. [...] but there's of the "we've got everything else, now what else can we buy?" about this.

That is an argument against all surrogacy. It's not just against same-sex couples. There is a bigger question of what should people be able to buy? The same with Michael Jackson - should people just be able to buy fatherhood?

None of that shows that same-sex couples are uniquely bad, like others are saying; or that Elton's children will be damaged by the choices they have made.

Archived