Cash converters opinion

Hi was just wondering if anyone had experience of buying electrical goods from CC and them not working when you get them home?. Is it a straight forward " Here's your money back" or is it a nightmare dealing with them, Not bought anything yet but been tempted with one or two things,but don't want the hassle if they need to go back,Cheers

they usually test everything before they buy it so faulty items are rare. However having said that, I've had a ps2 from the Newfield green branch which didn't recognise that there was a controller plugged in and they did me a straight swap. I've had various other electricals from there and had no other problems.

We've bought a laptop from there before when we were struggling for some cash, and I needed one for College. It was second hand then, and that was about 4 years ago, still works today. That's proven to be a pretty good purchase.

I also remember once, years ago I bought a DVD from there, when he put the disc in the case the guy said ''Oh, this is a copy -sigh- well I can't sell it you, so, you may as well take it'' lol, made me laugh

They're fine to buy from I think, but sell and you'll get naff all.

Hi was just wondering if anyone had experience of buying electrical goods from CC and them not working when you get them home?. Is it a straight forward " Here's your money back" or is it a nightmare dealing with them, Not bought anything yet but been tempted with one or two things,but don't want the hassle if they need to go back,Cheers

In a word - robbery.

Avoid at all costs.

I once bought a T.V. from there, wasn't cheap either, cost about £80 less than it would have to buy the T.V. brand new.

They even offered a warranty with it.

Got it home, it worked for about 4 months before the screen started going funny colours, contacted Cash Converters to be told that it only came with a three month warranty and it was sold as seen.

I took it to a third party T.V. repair shop to be told that it had a botched repair job done and that some form of booster was fitted to the tube bit. It would never have lasted six months anyway.

Turns out that Cost Cutters were the ones that made the repair and offered to repair it again, 2 months later, no T.V., no refund and no receipt because they never gave it back when they "checked it's valid".

I was told to take them to court because I didn't have a leg to stand on right before they banned me from the shop.

A few mixed responses on here. I have only bought once from one of these type of shops (cash generators in Rotherham) and I was very pleased. I bought a small electric drill with keyless chuck & variable speed. It was exactly what I needed, and I had looked everywhere for a small electric drill with these features, and would have paid even more. It cost £12.99 and came with a 3 month warranty if the receipt was retained, which is fair enough. So yes I would use again if the circumstances were right.

A lot of the stuff is stolen. When I lived at Gleadless Valley, I got burgled a few times. The advice from the police was to make daily trips down to Newfield Green and check their stock for my stuff. Also to mark everything with UV pen in case it happened again, and if it did, Cash Converters might still take the items from a theif but if I think its mine, call the police and they'll come and look and seize it from them :hihi:

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived