Land Rover Freelander

Cheers , will now look at recommendations ,

Just as an after thought has any one any experience with a Nissan X Trail 2.2 Diesel 2003 vintage.

I have a 2.2 diesel 03 reg, had it for nearly seven years and it has never missed a beat, selectable four wheel drive and I get 35 mpg even though I don't do any long journeys but I also am generally not driving in rush hour traffic.

It's car like to drive, good in all weathers and you can virtually get a single bed in back with rear seats folded down, probably the best car overall that I have owned.

Go either Rav 4 or X- Trail IMO.

My cousins had 3 Rav's and they have all been excellent.

Surprisingly good in the snow for a "soft roader" on road biased tyres.

OP - a 2007 Freelander will be about £9500 - 10k, a 2003 X-Trail will be anything from £2500 - 4k depending on mileage. Whats your budget?

Whilst the Freelander 2 is a huge improvement over the old one personally I wouldn't trust it compared to the Japanese ones.

First generation 1997-206

2.5 Rover k engine

2.0 BMW kv6 engine

2.0 Rover engine

Second generation 206 on are Ford engines.

Is that right..I thought the KV6 was still a rover engine...the Freelander 1 had two diesel engines..the early ones had the rover engine in the later TD4's had a BMW engine..as far as I know anyway..

Archived