Land Rover Freelander

Thats the MK 1 love he's after the MK 2.

Yes realise that now :-)

Got confused because some posters had mentioned the Freelander 1 and the HG problems.

Colleague had a Freelander 2 TD4 and the engine lunched itself at 50k miles. I know thats one instance but I still stand my statement in going Toyota, Honda etc.. first. the Freelander as all LD's will have an advantage off road but thats about it.

Is that right..I thought the KV6 was still a rover engine...the Freelander 1 had two diesel engines..the early ones had the rover engine in the later TD4's had a BMW engine..as far as I know anyway..

BMW only dabbled with Rover for a few years they sold out to Ford 206 time they only put the 2.ltr kv6 engine in them that's why I don't like Land Rovers at all you lift the bonnet up and you never know what you might get mix and mach part bin cars, they are better now Ford own them,stick to Japanese cars they are a lot better built and reliable Mitsubishi make the best 4x4s. Forgot to say some of the Freelanders have Peugeot engines in them as well

Archived