Possible HPV is there treatment

Hi all I have noticed a few warty looking things on the head of my penis, mainly on the bottom, I'm rather embarrassed about them to be honest and I've had a look on the Internet and the closest I could find is that it looks like I have HPV.

Is there any cream or anything i could purchase as I've had them now for 2-4 weeks, I've had a look on the Internet and these are a few I've found.

Salicylic acid. Over-the-counter treatments that contain salicylic acid work by removing layers of a wart a little bit at a time. Don't use these products for genital warts, as they will cause severe irritation.

Imiquimod (Aldara, Zyclara). This prescription cream may enhance your immune system's ability to fight HPV.

Podofilox (Condylox). Another type of prescription cream, podofilox works by destroying genital wart tissue.

Trichloroacetic acid. This chemical treatment burns off genital warts.

If anyone else knows of any treatment please let me no also how long this may last and if it goes away on its own

Thanks

I know its a bit embarrassing but Id go and see someone. Diagnosing and treating yourself could end up making things much worse. Especially in such a sensitive area.

totally agree.

plus, if you have got warts you will need prescription treatments from the GUM clinic or possibly to have them frozen off with liquid nitrogen.

this could require repeat treatments, they can come back and you need to consider your sexual history (and future!)

once you have the HPV virus, you have it forever and they could come back at anytime.

Well I've never needed to go before always used protection apart from the odd occasion, I really don't think I could go and see someone about it as I'm very embarrassed and feel ashamed

---------- Post added 17-01-2013 at 11:05 ----------

Just found this :) could be what I'm looking for

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Genital_warts/Pages/Treatment.aspx

you need to get it checked out mate. No over the counter creams will work I'm afraid. If it is genital warts then you'll need to have them surgically removed - they can do this by laser.

It could be something totally harmless though, but either way you want to be sure. If you don't fancy visiting your local GP you could always turn up at the GU clinic and see a complete stranger.

Beware not using protection "on the odd occasion" in future though eh? Just in case!

Archived